BIG CBS Prime , BIG CBS Love , BIG CBS Spark , COMING SOON IN INDIA !!! What about Tata Sky ???

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 7,378

rahul10

Regular
ISP
tata photon
A few months ago, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited and CBS Studios International formed a joint venture called BIG CBS Networks. This JV announced the launch of three English Entertainment Channels; BIG CBS Prime is a premium English general entertainment channel, BIG CBS Spark is an English youth channel while BIG CBS Love is a women’s English entertainment channel.

Now the group has announced that BIG CBS Prime, the first of the three channels will be launched in November 2010. While they did not announce any set dates, they announced that it will be launched after Diwali. The other two channels will follow suit in December (BIG CBS Love) and February (BIG CBS Spark).

BIG CPS Prime will take content from CBS’s programme library and will have the latest seasons of shows such as ‘The Defenders’, ‘Blue Bloods’, ‘NCIS’, ‘Survivor’, ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ and ‘Rachael Ray’ among other shows.

The channel aims to target audience from SEC A and B (18-34 years) and the group had also decided on its distribution rates. The Big CBS channels will be distributed at a la carte rate (non-addressable) of Rs 14, Rs 11 for Big CBS Prime, Big CBS Spark and Big CBS Love, respectively. Simultaneously, the channels will be distributed at a bouquet rate (non-addressable) of Rs 21.2 (Rs 9.2 for Big CBS Prime, Rs 6.0 each for Big CBS Spark and Big CBS Love). The commercial rates of Big CBS channels are: Rs 50 for Big CBS Prime and Rs 30 each for Big CBS Spark and Big CBS Love. BIG CBS Networks has also inked its carriage and placement deal with Digicable, one of India’s largest cable TV distribution companies. :dance:

NOW THATS WHAT WE THE Tata Sky USERS ARE WAITING FOR !!!

LET'S SEE WHEN TATA SKY ADDS IT !!! :irock: :huh:

Source : BIG CBS Prime to launch in November 2010

Last edited:
Big cbs prime will be launched at the end of dis month will be only in BIG TV for time being as its a Pay channel.Spark and LOve will launched in Dec and FEB

They have an exclusive tie up with big TV ..at least it will last for 1 year. The same case was there, when Fox Channels had an exclusive tie with Sun DTH for a year and they missed out on the TS bandwidth shortage later.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

For DTH, Big prime will be given for Rs 4.90 / month, Big love and Big spark for 3.85 / month.
BIG CBS

BTW its just 8.40 for all 3...and TS won't add any till all are launched...so lets wait for a year and see what happens.

BIG CBS, an equal joint venture between Reliance Broadcast Network and CBS Studios International, today announced the launch of the first of its proposed three English general entertainment channels (GEC) branded Prime. The channel will go on air from today.

The company has signed distribution deals with DTH and cable service providers including Reliance Big TV, Airtel DTH, Digicable, DEN Networks and Hathway.

what about Tata Sky ? :huh:

source:The Hindu Business Line : Reliance's Prime channel goes on air

I mailed the BIG distribution head arup gopikrishna and he replied me that talks with Tata Sky are on. Currently itll be availble only in BIG TV already added, Airtel not yet added.

I mailed the BIG distribution head arup gopikrishna and he replied me that talks with Tata Sky are on. Currently itll be availble only in BIG TV already added, Airtel not yet added.

now thats really nice. :wewin:

pls mail [if you can] to zee turner too for adding ten action & ten cricket .

I am happy with Tata Sky overall, but it really needs to catch up in terms of new channel additions. Nat Geo Wild is another channel which I am eagerly awaiting.

now thats really nice. :wewin:

pls mail [if you can] to zee turner too for adding ten action & ten cricket .

I mailed those Ten cricket Distribution head too but those morons dont reply me even once. U send once here is email of Zee turner distribution head

kishanc@tajtv.com
abhishek.agrawal@zeenetwork.com