• Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date
  • Replies 46
  • Views 8,570
Samuel

Samuel

ISP
Local ISP
I got these speeds late at night. Generally its quite low, so I was quite surprised. Is there a way I can check CA? I tried *3001#12345# but couldn’t find CA status.

I highly doubt it’s CA, but it is available on Vodafone in my area.

@pillaicha No health hazards being so close to the tower?

Gaurav_add

Gaurav_add

ISP
Jio, Airtel, Vi(Idea sim)
Sikka Broadband(AS45942)
@Samuel
*3001#12345#
After this click on Connected mode LTE Intra-frequency Measurement
then see the value of E-ARFCN if it shows 0 which it does when the net is idle if you download something in background and then check it becomes 1 or 2
1 means there is 1 carrier component or 2CA and 2 means there is 2 carrier component or 3CA.
This is only for iPhones having qualcomm modem.

P

pillaicha

ISP
Airtel | Jio | V! | BSNL
@Samuel 500m is actually mid-cell range. It's actually considered more than ideal distance away from a BTS. For all practical purposes, only lower frequency bands (<1Ghz) propagate further than 1km from the BTS. I'd say I'm in the sweet spot - far enough to not be directly impacted, but close enough to take advantage of better bandwidth. Tbh my wifi router emits more radiation than that measured from the cell tower.

Talking about the physics of it, it's non-ionising radiation (meaning even if it penetrates your body, it can't damage DNA) in the microwave range. Yes, your microwave uses radiation in the same frequency spectrum, but at several orders of magnitude of higher power and more concentrated in a smaller space in order to heat your food.

Samuel

Samuel

ISP
Local ISP
Tried the code again, but it’s giving this error:

“Error performing request
Unknown Error”

The page won’t even load. Also; I forgot that I’m on a fixed data plan and it got exhausted in no time. 😬

R

RK21

ISP
Bharti Airtel
Users of Airtel, Jio and VI have reported getting 4CA occasionally.
Only Vi in Kerala and Maharashtra has 4CA no other operators have it. Jio has 3CA pan india and Airtel barely have any 2CA combos

P

pillaicha

ISP
Airtel | Jio | V! | BSNL
Jio’s 3CA mostly revolves around band 40. Do keep this in mind when purchasing phones from international brands or international variants of the same devices sold in India.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s premier communications solutions provider, today announced the launch of its Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH) broadband service – Airtel Xstream Fiber in Ladakh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. With this, Airtel has become the first private ISP to roll-out FTTH broadband in these remote geographies and bring world-class digital access to customer by connecting them to the data superhighway.