Bharti Airtel hikes call tariff by 20% in six circles

I would say Yes, because most of the companies are waiting for a chance to increase the tariff and Airtel had initiated it giving platform to others and definately Tariff hikes happens after consultation and mutual agreement between all Telcos .

Tariff hikes happens after consultation and mutual agreement between all Telcos .
hmmm ok...so is it not business malpractice?!

This smells like Price War has come to an End and all Telcos will think of making profits and ARPUs . Need to discuss with my Telecom Friends for details 😛

I 2 months back kicked Airtel's ASS via MNP and shifted to Vodafone. Got much better offer.🙂

They just have mentioned New Delhi and Andhra Pradesh what about the other four circles?

Why can't these guys just use plain numbers instead of 1.2p nonsense.

1.2p/sec

How on earth is that complicated

i am struggling to receive or make calls from the basement. a real old Nokia phone on tata indicom works just great. i was planning to discard it but keeping it now so that i can actually make calls from the basement!

Rule of thumb: CDMA operators will always have better call quality as they operate in 850MHz band and CDMA being superior technology (in comparison with similar network of GSM).

In GSM, operators with 900MHz will have better call quality than operators operating on 1800MHz frequency due to propagation characteristics .

In order to know the operator frequency in respective circle refer: http://210.212.79.13/DocFiles/1%20%20GSM%20allotments%20with%20date%20of%20earmarking.pdf
http://210.212.79.13/Static/spectrumallotement.html

1.2p/sec

How on earth is that complicated

It sure is. I make a call for 43 seconds and it says 0.516 deducted. My maths is not strong enough for me to deduce if I was charged 1.2 p / second or more or less, just looking at that number.

I just made a call for 10 minutes 2 seconds and the call charges were 7.224. Damn. My current balance is 0.156 paise. How many seconds of call can I make exactly?