Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Niece wanted Pizza. ok.
From Domino's. Shit.
Spent 15 minutes trying to use their shithole website to reach the payment page.
Saw the option to pay using Bharat QR. Cool.
Clicked it.
BillDesk powered page loaded with QR code to pay. Okie!
Tez app shows support for Bharat QR. Tried paying using it. Failed.
Loaded SC app as it also has Bharat QR app. Paid using it. Great.
Got payment deducted message from SC on mobile. Alrighty.
BillDesk page shows no progress.
After a few minutes, a yellow button appears for me to click to basically tell them that I have paid and we should proceed. Ok!
Clicking on button does nothing. This was a mistake.
Nothing happens from now on.

Called Domino's. They said they have not received any order from my side.
Called SC. They said that payment is in pending stage right now. Biller has two days to accept it. If they don't, it would be canceled. Two working days means that I would now have to wait till Tuesday to see if the payment was processed.

Paytm took like half a second to process the payment on second attempt.

so the transaction appeared on my credit card. stanchart guy told me that i would need to cancel the card and then raise a dispute. did that. i would now have to wait for the replacement card to arrive. and hope that i can get the refund in the coming weeks. what a mess. dominos actually does not seem to have any system for such issues. they told me to contact the branch. how is their local branch help me out with a payment handled by their stupid website?

lol, similar thing happened with me on OLX, was upgrading a simple ad when the payment page didn't proceed even though i got a debit message from digibank. however didn't do anything as it was just 79 rs, though i got a refund automatically in like 9-12 days without me complaining to anybody.

no refund yet. domino's did call me and confirmed that they can see an additional transaction in their records which should be reversed back to my account within 7-10 days. using credit card to pay at their stupid gateway was a mistake.

Don't worry, if you didn't took the services, 99% of the times, the transaction will be in the "unbilled" catagory, if it gets reversed or not, it won't be billed to you as dominos will not settle that transaction on their gateway.

i am kind of annoyed that sc required me to block the card to raise the dispute.

lol, private banks are like that, you should have just said it's not a fraud and i trust dominos gateway so i don't want the card blocked, and also shouldn't have raised dispute as I am sure the transaction will get reversed automatically.

problem was that domino's responded too late. on the date of the transaction they clearly told me that they can see no transaction in their system so order was never placed so it would reverse automatically. now they tell me that they do see a payment with no order in their system which is marked for refund.

logically speaking the transaction should have reversed on the same day. it still isn't (5 days have passed). so it was clearly not automatically reversed.

It get's automatically reversed in 1 day if the payment is made using "visa" or "mastercard" system, but here it was done thru UPI, afaik, UPI have auto reverse in 3 business days.

it was done through bharatqr. bharatqr uses debit/credit cards. i made the payment using my credit card. it appeared like a regular credit card transaction on my card. i assume it appeared similarly for dominos. the only difference is that instead of entering my card details, i scanned a qr code using the app of my card company and then entered the pin code that i enter on machines at retail stores! it does not use upi afaik. this is why i am confused that tez failed to recognize the qrcode provided by billdesk as it clearly mentions that it does support bharatqr!

ksmxNly.webp

Last edited:
great. the card that sc blocked which was used for this transaction has disappeared from sc backend so i cannot even check if it has been refunded. i mean i get it. they are issuing me a new card with a new number. but why remove it from the backend!

I think there is some problem with billdesk gateway and bharat qr code.

Same thing happened when I paid my electricity bills, billdesk site do not update after payment.

yup. this is why i stopped using billdesk to make my sc card payment through my non-sc bank account. switched to neft. i could not even find a helpline number on their website after this fiasco. it's scary how widely they are used across the web and their website is still living in the 90s.

icici added support for upi based payments for credit card bills. i hope more banks starts offering the same.