• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 15,672

amar

Senior
ISP
TataSky BB, Jio-4G, Airtel-4G
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-Shiv Sena and Republican Party of India (RPI) alliance on Tuesday has appealed to other political parties including the MNS and even the NCP, to join them in the ‘Bharat Bandh’ they have called for on May 31.

“All political parties are invited to participate, including the MNS. However, NCP should first step down from the government and then join us. The NCP is playing a double game — it is criticising the hike but unwilling to quit the government,” BJP state president Sudhir Mungantiwar said while talking to the media along with senior Sena leader Subhash Desai and RPI leader Arjun Dangle.
MNS chief Raj Thackeray immediately distanced himself from the bandh saying his party would not participate. “Holding a bandh has become an old weapon. It is better if some thought is put into finding solutions,” Thackeray said.
Asked if transport services would be affected by the bandh, senior Sena leader and MLA Subhash Desai, said the bandh should be observed voluntarily. “Students who have exams will not be disturbed by the bandh. We have also asked our workers to support old people and patients going to hospitals. Otherwise we will be observing the bandh in Sena style,” he said.
The trio pointed out that the price of essential commodities such as wheat, milk, sugar and oil has grown over 150% from 2004. Also, the rate of petrol in Mumbai, which is Rs78.57 per litre is much higher than the rates in Pakistan (Rs59 per litre) and Sri Lanka (Rs61.70 per litre).

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/Mumbai/All-parties-should-join-in-Bharat-bandh/Article1-863258.aspx
http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/will-bharat-bandh-shut-mumbai-down-on-thursday-216790
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-28/patna/31876663_1_petrol-price-membership-drive-upa-ii
http://in.news.yahoo.com/bharat-bandh-on-may-31-against-upa-s-petrol-bomb.html

Is RTO closed on Bharat Band?Thanks.

Is RTO closed on Bharat Band?

Thanks.

Bharat band virodhi pakshane call kela ahe tyamule sarkari karyalay band thevaycha prashnach yet nahi.

Bharat band virodhi pakshane call kela ahe tyamule sarkari karyalay band thevaycha prashnach yet nahi.
is rto under state gov.? or local municipality ?

Am scared about this Bharat Bandh. If it goes on in Bangalore, I need to come to office on saturday 🙁

Can you please repeat this is english, i always failed in marathi ......

Can you please repeat this is english, i always failed in marathi ......

Since bandh is called by opposition, there is no question of state government offices remain closed.

Yup all closed here in Mumbai tomorrow. Except govt. run services and offices will obviously remain running and open.

Since bandh is called by opposition, there is no question of state government offices remain closed.
Even if the bandh is called by the ruling party allies than also it is no reason for anything to shutdown ..
Logic of bandh is tht if someone wanna join then they r free to join .. One can't force anyone ..
BJP seriously need to sort out the leadership issue for next elections rather than these gimmicks ..

BJP all set for Bandh, but Sena and MNS yet to confirm support

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Shiv Sena appear to be looking in different directions on the decision for Bharat Bandh on May 31. The BJP and its alliance parties have called for a nationwide bandh against the growing inflation and the recently increased petrol prices. Shiv Sena leaders in the city are now claiming that they have not had any meeting with BJP leaders and therefore their stand is not yet decided.

in mumbai if Shiv sena and MNS won't support this then there will no much effect ..

have to work as no official email yet ... but most of the ppl come on road after 9-10 by that time we are there in office ..

My HR has just announced tomorrow as holiday, but 2nd sat of june will be working. should i rejoice or grieve. 😕

In Mumbai, unless Shiv Sena & MNS supports the Bandh, nothing gonna be effective. In my office no one even talked abt the bandh. So, I would be working as usual unless Local trains stop in morning or some mishap happen .