Bharat Bandh

• Thread starter Thread starter amar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 15,712
Viewing count ki jae to kamaal ka thread hai!

Actually it took me less time to reach office today. No bandh or anything along my way which is very long 😛From east delhi to punjabi bagh.

Another Bharat Bandh today. I think BJP does not know anything other than blind opposition and bandhs (both parliament and country)

If you oppose something, propose a solution for it, which people will see and vote for them, is this the way?
yes, you think the congress is going to listen to BJP ; but not even consult their own alies ? or even listen to them on roll back of fdi in retail or lpg ?

they have already proposed for roll backs & that has been rejected by the current corrupt government ; just because you have good income and not going to get affected by fdi, doesn't mean others shouldn't protest against it

I am very sure that I am going to vote for a third party, not BJP or Congress

'moin', nobody expects u to vote for bjp anyways :mad-tongue:

'moin', nobody expects u to vote for bjp anyways :mad-tongue:

Why so?

yes, you think the congress is going to listen to BJP ; but not even consult their own alies ? or even listen to them on roll back of fdi in retail or lpg ?

they have already proposed for roll backs & that has been rejected by the current corrupt government ; just because you have good income and not going to get affected by fdi, doesn't mean others shouldn't protest against it

Can you explain me how is it going to help anyone?

Do you think Diesel prices are going to be rolled back due to this bandh.

I advice you to shift Kerala, you will have bandhs atleast once a month, generally around 3-4 a month, Look how developed it is due to bandhs (Its called Hartaal there as supreme court has banned bandhs)

Can you explain who will get affected by FDI? And how the bandh is helping them?

If u going to vote for a 3rd party, then eventually, that 3rd party will join hands with Congress, u will be back to where u were. Same old alliance, and same old ordeal. Think twice, before u vote for any other party if u dont want Congress.As far as FDI is concerned.....well the new laws will just become more prohibitive for regional retailers to do business. The big retailers coming from outside, will fill the pockets of the corrupt officials to have their ways carved out so that the laws will become more & more detrimental for local businessmen.FDI can be good, only if the people regulating it are not corrupt....or atleast, not as corrupt as the current Govt.

In the re-election, they will field another candidate......and u vote for that candidate. But the end result still remains the same - CON party will still come into power. 😕

Bandh the very next day after Ganesh chaturthi. :/ Thread title needs to be changed. should be kept "x" days till next bandh. (ex: 5 days till next bandh)

As far as FDI is concerned.....well the new laws will just become more prohibitive for regional retailers to do business. The big retailers coming from outside, will fill the pockets of the corrupt officials to have their ways carved out so that the laws will become more & more detrimental for local businessmen.

FDI can be good, only if the people regulating it are not corrupt....or atleast, not as corrupt as the current Govt.

But we already have big retailers albeit Indian in the cities for sometime. I come from a small town which does have couple of big retailers but the small owners have survived.

Coming to corruption, I always thought that all politicians are same, not much difference, all are corrupt. They need money to win the next election.

But why this sudden love for local businessmen? WIth most of our population poor, without any amenities, our infant mortality rate is worse than Bangladesh, why is this so important?

If u going to vote for a 3rd party, then eventually, that 3rd party will join hands with Congress, u will be back to where u were. Same old alliance, and same old ordeal. Think twice, before u vote for any other party if u dont want Congress.

Will be voting for the first time in Bangalore, previously was registered in AP where I used to vote for either TDP or independent. In Karnataka it is so bad that there seems to be no hope to vote for anyone!

Further, what has suddenly changed about FDI after the Bandh

Yeah we have Indian retailers who are big. But bringing in FDI, would mean double of that. The situation is already bad, and it will just worsen. Next come the regulations. The way Congress has foregone TMC's support shows that they have some really big hidden agenda in allowing this. And what could be the hidden agenda of the politicians, except for lakhs of crores.....crores of crores......?More than the love for local businessmen, its the fear of much bigger magnitude scams, which is putting me against the current decision. Yes globalisation helps, and for that opening up has to happen. But, not at the cost of taxpayer's money.