Bhangarh - The Ghost Area 51 of India

• Thread starter Thread starter iitmanojit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 24,327
good.....i love haunted places, would definitely visit the place for once.:no:Any more other ghostly places?:semi-twins:

Bt now its listed. Even in commonwealth games it was listed as tourist spot .

On thread title- Is Area51 a haunted place?. Its US military base right?

[h=2]UFO and other conspiracy theories concerning Area 51[/h] Its secretive nature and undoubted connection to classified aircraft research, together with reports of unusual phenomena, have led Area 51 to become a focus of modern UFO and conspiracy theories. Some of the activities mentioned in such theories at Area 51 include:

[*]The storage, examination, and reverse engineering of crashed alien spacecraft (including material supposedly recovered at Roswell), the study of their occupants (living and dead), and the manufacture of aircraft based on alien technology.
[*]Meetings or joint undertakings with extraterrestrials.
[*]The development of exotic energy weapons for the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) or other weapons programs.
[*]The development of means of weather control.
[*]The development of time travel and teleportation technology.
[*]The development of unusual and exotic propulsion systems related to the Aurora Program.
[*]Activities related to a supposed shadowy one world government or the Majestic 12 organization.
[/list] Many of the hypotheses concern underground facilities at Groom or at Papoose Lake, 8.5 miles (13.7 km) south, and include claims of a transcontinental underground railroad system, a disappearing airstrip (nicknamed the "Cheshire Airstrip", after Lewis Carroll's Cheshire cat) which briefly appears when water is sprayed onto its camouflaged asphalt,[59] and engineering based on alien technology. Publicly available satellite imagery, however, reveals clearly visible landing strips at Groom Dry Lake, but not at Papoose Lake.
Veterans of experimental projects such as OXCART and NERVA at Area 51 agree that their work (including 2,850 OXCART test flights alone) inadvertently prompted many of the UFO sightings and other rumors:[7]
The shape of OXCART was unprecedented, with its wide, disk-like fuselage designed to carry vast quantities of fuel. Commercial pilots cruising over Nevada at dusk would look up and see the bottom of OXCART whiz by at 2,000-plus mph. The aircraft's titanium body, moving as fast as a bullet, would reflect the sun's rays in a way that could make anyone think, UFO.[7]

They believe that the rumors helped maintain secrecy over Area 51's actual operations.[13] While the veterans deny the existence of a vast underground railroad system, many of Area 51's operations did (and presumably still do) occur underground.[7]
Several people have claimed knowledge of events supporting Area 51 conspiracy theories. These have included Bob Lazar, who claimed in 1989 that he had worked at Area 51's S-4 (a facility at Papoose Lake), where he was contracted to work with alien spacecraft that the U.S. government had in its possession.[60] Similarly, the 1996 documentary Dreamland directed by Bruce Burgess included an interview with a 71 year old mechanical engineer who claimed to be a former employee at Area 51 during the 1950s. His claims included that he had worked on a "flying disc simulator" which had been based on a disc originating from a crashed extraterrestrial craft and was used to train US Pilots. He also claimed to have worked with an extraterrestrial being named "J-Rod" and described as a "telepathic translator".[61] In 2004, Dan Burisch (pseudonym of Dan Crain) claimed to have worked on cloning alien viruses at Area 51, also alongside the alien named "J-Rod". Burisch's scholarly credentials are the subject of much debate, as he was apparently working as a Las Vegas parole officer in 1989 while also earning a PhD at SUNY.[62]

Anyone been there? Looking for feedback. And roads to take from Delhi NCR region to reach there.

heh. had no idea that an existing thread was there. so realindia has been there. what route to take man?

heh. had no idea that an existing thread was there. so realindia has been there. what route to take man?

The route is pretty simple man! From Gurgaon just keep going straight on the NH8 towards Jaipur. The route map would be some thing like this Gurgaon - Dharuhera Continue on via Bawal, Shahjahanpur, Nimrana -- Behror ---Go on NH 8 cross Kotputli, Pragpura, Bhabhru---Shahpura. At Shahpura, Change to NH 11A cross Ajabgarh.--Bhangharh.

The only thing you need to keep in mind is the turn at Shahpura. Actually the NH 8 curves to the right, take the straight road for NH 11A. Please ensure that you only drive during the sunlight hours on the NH 11 A. Its a pretty lonely drive and you wouldn't want to be stuck on this stretch after the sun goes down!

cool. i plan to go to jaipur from there. i hope there is a shorter route to jaipur too.

cool. i plan to go to jaipur from there. i hope there is a shorter route to jaipur too.

I would advise you come back to Shahpura and again join the NH 8 to go to Jaipur. There might be a shorter route but Shorter is not always the better!

how far away is it from shahpura? how are the roads? from your photos, i see a pretty dusty road. dusty is fine but potholes are not 🙂

how far away is it from shahpura? how are the roads? from your photos, i see a pretty dusty road. dusty is fine but potholes are not
🙂

Sorry i missed your post! I don't remember the exact distance but it should be something in the region of 65-70 kms from the turn of NH 11A. The road was ok for most part, but under construction at couple of places & i literally had to cross a field on kuccha rasta. But no reason to worry, my trip was quite a long while back and the road should be 100% complete by now. Few stretches were under construction back then.

hah. i actually went through a patch around 100 meters long that was well... not road. not kaccha rasta. basically off-road muddy mini hills. something that only an SUV owners would dare to cross. my linea took quite a beating at the bottom during that patch. i am yet to get the bottom of the car checked. but there was major contact and god knows how much damage my car suffered.

hah. i actually went through a patch around 100 meters long that was well... not road. not kaccha rasta. basically off-road muddy mini hills. something that only an SUV owners would dare to cross. my linea took quite a beating at the bottom during that patch. i am yet to get the bottom of the car checked. but there was major contact and god knows how much damage my car suffered.
wait. So you also went to this place? encountered any ghosts or apparitions?