Beware Sify Users

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 14,554
ISP
Airtel
I left my PC ON last night coz I was downloading a movie.

Today morning I got a call from another Sify user, he asked me if my PC is ON or not. Then he said that he can access all my drives. Initially I thought it was a joke one of my friend is playing with me. But when he said that there r some movie clips on your D: drive and wallpapers on your E: drive. I was confirmed that he wasn't joking 🤔

I was sleeping that time, I quickly woke up and turned ON my firewall which I
accidentally turned OFF last night.

So guys, if you are using Sify Broadband, make sure you have a good Firewall installed on your system.

dude is your GUEST account is enabled if it is then disable it.Yup firewall is a good option.And one more thing how he got ur telephone number 😱

If u think the other way, he could have stolen all the things from my PC. read my resumes and could have deleted anything if he wanted. But he didn't, instead he called me up and told me that my PC is shareable hence I came to know that I should turn ON my firewall. In other words he was honest.

had you shared all your drives? I dont think any 1 can see drives with ease except if he had used sniffers and torgons targeting yr(cancer) pc.

use pen drives to transfer data. it is risky to share drives on a open network... Sify gives half solutions.... gives antivirus but fails to give a proper firewall. So just enable your default windows firewall our use zone / macfee/ norton firewalls...zone is best 🤔

I have a spend a lot of money to buy a pen drive, my hub works fine for me. Also I use zone firewall but last night I accidentally turned it OFF.

if you are using xp pro ... you can restrict access with a password...while sharing a folder/drive. it will only allow the authorised users to gain access.....

Basically, Yes if we share the drive everyone on our network can see our PC content.XP I never se option to password protect... I also have 2 pc connected, but I only enable the share content when I need to share something! 🙁

cancer what happened to you was pretty common, except the part where he called you up. It's common knowledge that you can hack into the computers of sify users who don't use protection. I remember when parthap had sify he used to download entire movies at lan speed from unsuspecting sify users.