Beware Sify Users

shouvik

www.clubhost.in
How do I do that? I use XP Pro and there isn't any option to make a drive password protected.

humm

YoYo!
Basically, Yes if we share the drive everyone on our network can see our PC content.XP I never se option to password protect... I also have 2 pc connected, but I only enable the share content when I need to share something! :(

F

Fred

cancer what happened to you was pretty common, except the part where he called you up. It's common knowledge that you can hack into the computers of sify users who don't use protection. I remember when parthap had sify he used to download entire movies at lan speed from unsuspecting sify users.

popcorn

you can easily do that with a password....just right click the folder/drive u would like to share ... go to properties....go to sharing tab ... click this link which says "If you understand the risk but still want to share the root of the drive, click here" ... i think after that you guys are capable of going futher...its so simple!!read the link above which is very exhaustive for detailed sharing capabilities..also recommended file system is NTFS...

avinds

Regulars
Originally posted by sifyfan@Oct 10 2005, 11:36 AM
had you shared all your drives? I dont think any 1 can see drives with ease except if he had used sniffers and torgons targeting yr(cancer) pc.
[snapback]27995[/snapback]
[/quote]

some drives are not shown as shared but actually are shared

to see them use $ after the drive letter

eg: \\AVIN\d$

\\10.17.130.148\c$

popcorn

the password protected folders and drives have that $ sign next to the drive name.... and with diffrent versions windows there is a huge confusion wrt what it exactly means.... :unsure: