Beware of speed capping in BSNL EVDO U/L plans ? ( Read full description )

• Thread starter Thread starter Jasmee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,506
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
BSNL EVDO ( PRIMARY ) , RELIANCE 3G , TATA DOCOMO 3G , AIRTEL 2G (BACKUP )
I am using BSNL evdo for 2 years now but I never seen speed fluctuation ( I used to do 55/- Rs. 2 day unlimited recharge whenever needed and speed were 250 KB/s D/L and 120 KB/s U/L on average ) but recently I changed mine plan from general to 750 unlimited plan ( Thanks to our new government which is changing service tax rates every month ) . So , Now I have full unlimited internet 24x7 and I nearly downloaded 400 GB data in 25 days but suddenly speed dropped from average 250 KB/s to 50 KB/s and these capped speed remained same even during off peak hours . Then to test I got mine friends EVDO general plan sim and did a 55 Rs. 2 day unlimited plans ( Results - D/L speed back to 250 KB/s and U/L 110 KB/s around ) . So , I visited the BSNL office and asked the JTO their about the problem and he said " Itna download karoge to speed toh kam hoga na " ( meaning - If you download these much then speed will be capped " . Wow! what a reply ....
So, Its a warning to all of you that never go for these prepaid Unlimited plans rather choose General plan only .

so you are using 750 plan? how much it cost including tax?

875 approx ...

I am using BSNL evdo for 2 years now but I never seen speed fluctuation ( I used to do 55/- Rs. 2 day unlimited recharge whenever needed and speed were 250 KB/s D/L and 120 KB/s U/L on average ) but recently I changed mine plan from general to 750 unlimited plan ( Thanks to our new government which is changing service tax rates every month ) . So , Now I have full unlimited internet 24x7 and I nearly downloaded 400 GB data in 25 days but suddenly speed dropped from average 250 KB/s to 50 KB/s and these capped speed remained same even during off peak hours . Then to test I got mine friends EVDO general plan sim and did a 55 Rs. 2 day unlimited plans ( Results - D/L speed back to 250 KB/s and U/L 110 KB/s around ) . So , I visited the BSNL office and asked the JTO their about the problem and he said " Itna download karoge to speed toh kam hoga na " ( meaning - If you download these much then speed will be capped " . Wow! what a reply ....
So, Its a warning to all of you that never go for these prepaid Unlimited plans rather choose General plan only .
Bro its a causal reply
Problem might be something else

Maybe , Now speed is back to 2Mbps ( Happy downloading time ) .
What do you download so much every month? 400 GB per month and still not satisfied 😱 Do you keep your laptop on 24 hours or use router. Please tell and I will also start downloading, don't know what to download and how to manage all this without staying awake all time.

What do you download so much every month? 400 GB per month and still not satisfied 😱 Do you keep your laptop on 24 hours or use router. Please tell and I will also start downloading, don't know what to download and how to manage all this without staying awake all time.

400GB per month means additional cost of Hard-disk(s) every 2-3 months.

Keep this in mind because that's what i was thinking when i subscribed to my broadband connection. It serves me a stable download speed of 1.1MB/s. I was thinking "Hell yeaah.. now i can download everything, gonna start with BluRay movies and Latest Games!". I was very happy until i actually hit the red meter of HDDs in My Computer. Then i realized its easy to download things when you get speed, but pretty costly to manage them all.

Paying monthly for broadband connection is something that i can afford, but paying monthly for HDDs is not affordable lol.

@Baburao why to download when you can stream? ok even if you downloaded some stuff it can be deleted later

Most of my data isn't Media. Deleting stuff is something good for Movies and songs (maybe), but when it comes to Games, Database, Backups, Operating Systems, Applications like Adobe, Autodesk etc. You wont't really delete them & download again, especially when you purchased them 😳

But yeah i am doing the "Watch n Delete" process with Movies these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.