Beware of Overcharging by Sify Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter lazy dog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,089

lazy dog

ISP
I was a subscriber to Sify Broadband Internet services from March 2005 (USER ID: raman1936) till recently. From July 2007 to June 2009, I was continuously paying Rs.1122 per 30 days for the service, plus Rs.84 “Line Maintenance Charges” (LMC), charged by Sify’s “Business Parner”, Mallow Electronics (I) Pvt. Ltd.. In recent times, payment was collected by Mallows. The broadband speed provided was 256kbps, unlimited, under what Sify calls the “PN56 Plan”.
On 3 May 2009, I found from Sify’s Web site (Sify Broadband - Hi Speed Internet) that for the price I was paying (Rs. 1122 + Rs.84 LMC), I should have been provided 256 Kbps during daytime, and 512 kbps from 10 pm to 8 am: whereas the “256 kbps Unlimited” (no double-speed at night) which Sify was actually supplying to me was priced at only Rs. 899 (excluding LMC). I emailed Sify’s “customer care” for an explanation and also sent reminders, but there was no response. There was a response of sorts from Sify only after I informed (by email) a couple of Sify “officers” at Delhi (Shyam Nair) and Chennai (Bhaskar Santhanam): Sify staff called me several times on the phone, but dodging the real issue, would ask me immaterial questions like “What is the problem you are having, Sir”.
Briefly stated, the fact is that Sify was charging me Rs. 1122 (+ Rs.84 LMC) per month, but was providing me only the lower priced (Rs. 899 excluding LMC) connection.
A Sify staffer asked me to send complete details of all payments made to Sify’s “Business Partner”, along with the cash receipts. Sify ostensibly wanted these for calculating the “compensation” due to me. In response, I pointed out to Sify that each and every bit of information regarding my Sify Broadband connection from March 2005 till date, including payments made and bandwidth usage, was available on Sify’s own computers.
Sify did nothing to resolve the issue, but, at the same time, kept on pestering me over the phone to renew my subscription.
I wonder how many other Sify customers have been similarly over-charged for the “PN51 plan” but provided only the inferior “PN56 Plan”. All Sify customers should check their Internet speed. They should also be very careful about letting any Sify technical personnel handle their computers.

Sify Sucks.

the best way is to buy your pack online via credit card and personally check if you got the same plan which you paid. the LMC of 84 can be given to the cable guy in cash . He will come automatically running next day you pay by credit card.the LMC is INR 150 for me here in mumbai 🙁dont be dependent on cable operators. they will always fool people with less knowledge.