• Thread starter Thread starter melvinjg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 14,831

melvinjg

ISP
Asianet Dataline
Dear Members...

Those who own the Huawei UMG1831 Webconnect rocket Modem, or those who are planning to purchase the modem... kindly don't upgrade the firmware of your modem to Huawei K4505 modem firmware just for activating Voice call..!!!
This can result in the erasure of the IMEI number of ur modems, and the sellers might deny the replacement.
The update is possible due to a bug in the firmware of K4505, but the firmware doesn't backup properly the existing modem data including IMEI number (as it's incompatible).
This can result in the losing of IMEI number, when you try to downgrade the firmware or install some other version of firmware.....!!!

P.S - voice call maybe activated in the newer firmware updates. So its better to wait, rather than regret...!!

Thanks for Information

got new firmware Huawei Universal Ultimate Dashboard™ WinUTPS16.001.06.01.500(Stand-Alone Version)
http://bit.ly/dxOFWO
http://bit.ly/cwM7At
sorry its not a firmware... this is mobile partner... one link is direct mobile partner link and another one is mobile partner flasher which will update your datacard's internal dashboard(t-mobile webconnect or huawei mobile partner) to mobile partner version 16.001.06.01.500

After updating to the new mobile partner software i am unable to automatically redial the connection using Internet download manager. Somebody please tell me how to rectify this.

hi friends if you have problems with Huawei umg 1831 after flashing try this links

for t mobile soft and dashboard firmware
FileDownload

and for vodafone 28.8 firmware
http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/resources/media/Personal/mobile_internet/res16858.zip

also i have problem that on my Nokia 5310 when i connect to network with edge i got download speed of 70-80KBps but on my umg dongle i gets connected at 236.6kbps and my download speed is 15-20KBps. what can i do for more speed. i am using windows 7

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

To download the software from the upgrade link Unsupported Browser it will ask for a tmobile no where this generic no can be used to download the same 6156680000.

hi friends if you have problems with Huawei umg 1831 after flashing try this links

for t mobile soft and dashboard firmware
FileDownload

and for vodafone 28.8 firmware
http://www.vodafone.gr/portal/resources/media/Personal/mobile_internet/res16858.zip

also i have problem that on my Nokia 5310 when i connect to network with edge i got download speed of 70-80KBps but on my umg dongle i gets connected at 236.6kbps and my download speed is 15-20KBps. what can i do for more speed. i am using windows 7

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

To download the software from the upgrade link Unsupported Browser it will ask for a tmobile no where this generic no can be used to download the same 6156680000.

Dear Kausthub :

The Vodafone fimware is for Huawei K4505 and NOT UMG1831....!!
Kindly don't misguide the readers.
Those who wanna upgrade their UMG1831 dashboard(T-mobile) can follow the links given above.
I prefer using the T-mobile firmware itself for the modem, instead of the mobile partner firmware.
For PC, u can use MDMA or Mobile Partner Software...!! Both are good.
Mobile partner software standalone version is available... which will install the software just on PC... and which doesn't flash the modem firmware to Mobile partner one.

Dear Kausthub :

The Vodafone fimware is for Huawei K4505 and NOT UMG1831....!!
Kindly don't misguide the readers.
Those who wanna upgrade their UMG1831 dashboard(T-mobile) can follow the links given above.
I prefer using the T-mobile firmware itself for the modem, instead of the mobile partner firmware.
For PC, u can use MDMA or Mobile Partner Software...!! Both are good.
Mobile partner software standalone version is available... which will install the software just on PC... and which doesn't flash the modem firmware to Mobile partner one.

Your above view is correct.

But I have one doubt .....

...........instead of the mobile partner firmware.

Mobile partner will install only application SW. Will it update the FW also ?

Is this model UMG1831 still good buy or I should buy the E1750, E1752 ? anyone using this ?thx!

Even i don’t know , both are 21mbps modems .
Actually i wanted to purchase Huawei e353 for my cousin from ebay.in but when i contacted ebay seller he said huawei e353 supports only 3G network, doesn’t support 2g network (gprs/edge). Bsnl 3g some times switches to 2g network , in that case this modem is not usable.
I have asked many ebay sellers ,none of them gave me proper answer some said it doesn't support 2g network ( only 3g) and others said supports 2g &3g network. I got confused and purchased huawei umg 1831as it supports 2g and 3g network.
Even asked here
https://www.get3gnet.com/Reviews/Huawei_E353/

You can get huawei umg 1831/e353 for 2250rs-2300rs from ebay.in using 10 percent discount coupon ( idea)

Ya I am gonna a need a discount coupon too..but let me get the sim card the local seller the only one which has the MTNL 3G sim is out of stock...