Beware, ACT downgrades your speed before reaching FUP Limit, It happened twice to me. Who's next?

• Thread starter Thread starter satya_461
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 14,562

satya_461

ISP
ACT Broadband
ACT Customer id : 10598129
My Oct,2013 month usage : 54.18 GB
My FUP limit : 60 GB (ACT Indulge plan)
My speed was reduced to 512 Kbps on Oct 27th and again on December 29th even before reaching FUP Limit.
I called customer care several times. They said the usage details are ''delayed" by 24 Hrs and
I may have reached the FUP Limit at server (Pathetic and I accepted because I don't have proofs)

I've proofs with the total usages which I got from "My usage". Every time when my usage is around 54GB, my speed goes to 512Kbps
I've suffered with Low Speeds. from 25 Mbps to 512 Kbps even before reaching FUP Limit???

Guys! Beware of ACT or if you already have ACT, keep watching your "My Usage"

satya_461 said:
ACT Customer id : 10598129
My Oct,2013 month usage : 54.18 GB
My FUP limit : 60 GB (ACT Indulge plan)
My speed was reduced to 512 Kbps on Oct 27th and again on December 29th even before reaching FUP Limit.
I called customer care several times. They said the usage details are ''delayed" by 24 Hrs and
I may have reached the FUP Limit at server (Pathetic and I accepted because I don't have proofs)

I've proofs with the total usages which I got from "My usage". Every time when my usage is around 54GB, my speed goes to 512Kbps
I've suffered with Low Speeds. from 25 Mbps to 512 Kbps even before reaching FUP Limit???

Guys! Beware of ACT or if you already have ACT, keep watching your "My Usage"
Hello Satya,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue and other details with us. We will forward your complaint to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you. We assure you that the issue will get resolved at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello Satya,
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing the issue and other details with us. We will forward your complaint to the concerned team and they will shortly get in touch with you. We assure you that the issue will get resolved at the earliest.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Thanks for replying. Hopefully this time for real, someone will contact me. I'll update the page if there is some progress (or I think I should also update even if there is no progress)

Good that you have pointed, satya_461. I am on a 50 Mbps plan and I am getting speeds of a 2 Mbps plan even before I have reached the usage limit which is 250GB. I have already complained to the customer care and their resolution was to clear cookies and delete my browsing history.
Use their twitter feed to post your complaint. I have had good success in resolutions with those.
broadband.act - Reducing speeds after FUP is acceptable, but its unethical to reduce the speeds when you offer bandwidth.

No update from ACT yet 😛issed-off:
arunra said:
Good that you have pointed, satya_461. I am on a 50 Mbps plan and I am getting speeds of a 2 Mbps plan even before I have reached the usage limit which is 250GB. I have already complained to the customer care and their resolution was to clear cookies and delete my browsing history.
Use their twitter feed to post your complaint. I have had good success in resolutions with those.
broadband.act - Reducing speeds after FUP is acceptable, but its unethical to reduce the speeds when you offer bandwidth.
Thanks, I just now tweeted at https://twitter.com/ACTBroadbandIn

arunra said:
Hello Arun,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the issue to the top authority of the concerned team and we assure you that the issue will get resolved on HIGH PRIORITY.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
satya_461 said:
No update from ACT yet 😛issed-off:
Thanks, I just now tweeted at https://twitter.com/ACTBroadbandIn
Hello Satya,
We will revert after checking the status of your complaint.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

arunra said:
Hello Arun,
The above mentioned grievance has been addressed & resolved. Please feel free to get in touch with us on 080 4284 0000 or write to us at helpdesk@acttv.in if you have any other queries. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warm Regards,ACT Broadband

broadband.act said:
Hello Arun,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded the issue to the top authority of the concerned team and we assure you that the issue will get resolved on HIGH PRIORITY.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello Satya,
We will revert after checking the status of your complaint.
Regards,
ACT Broadband
Hello ACT Broadband,
Any progress? Everyone's complaints are solved except mine :numbness:

satya_461 said:
Still not resolved. Haven't received a call from ACT 🙁
Hello Satya,
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience. We will revert after checking the status of your complaint.
Regards,
ACT Broadband

Satya..even the same is happening with me now. I have an FUP of 50GB and the speed is reduced to 500kbps after reaching 35GB itself (ACT userid : 10455300)
Yesterday, the customer care guys gave the same stupid explanation of the database will be updated in 24 hours and to wait for 24 hours.
After 24 hours of waiting, usage is still around 35GB and the customer care guys are not even ready to register a complaint asking to send a screenshot and wait for another 24 hours.
Anyone who is planning to take ACT or have ACT connection in Bangalore, please be beware of this.