Best wireless router for streaming with minimum 50 mbps speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Njnbat15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 11,513
ISP
Kailash enterprises
Any router available in India that can give speed above 50 mbps with stable connectivity and good range to cover a 2bhk ?

Tried following major products which advertises above 800 mbps speed but practically did not provide more than 20 mbps for an 80 mbps cable broadband Connection

TP-Link Archer c60 16-18 Mbps
TP-Link Archer c7 14-16 Mbps
Asus AC58U gives max 20 Mbps

Above performance is with only just one device connected to router in very close proximity.

For speed check I used ookla speed test

Without router and direct plug in of RJ cable to laptop I received 80 mbps consistently.

Also Netgear r6220 model was one router which gave 70 mbps consistently but this product had terrible internet drop out issues.

Anyone who can suggest a router which I can try under 7k budget.

This is what I get in hathway in c9 archer. C9 is awesome and It was being sold on flipkart for 3999 on sale few days ago, now it's back to it's regular price so tough luck but your budget is 7k, so you can afford it I guess. Also, speeds depends on the connecting device too not just the router. Again, it depends on your broadband provider too. The speeds I am showing you here is on wifi btw, on 5.0Ghz, on LAN I get around 150mbps
yLdSHNI.jpg

6iwYIV4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
TP-Link and Asus both are pretty reliable, see what fits your budget in their models. I have used both. TP link is cheap and has excellent range.

And Asus is best n cheap in dual band

Thanks. I have ordered it from Flipkart. Hopefully this time I would receive a TP-Link product that shall stand up to the expected speeds.

Also to clarify,
considering 80
Mbps
speed through the LAN Cable directly from ISP,
if I am connecting a surface pro 6 laptops using 5 GHz band with C9 router, what should be the minimum speed that I should be getting?

TP-Link and Asus both are pretty reliable, see what fits your budget in their models. I have used both. TP link is cheap and has excellent range.

And Asus is best n cheap in dual band

Ok. Why would then TP link Archer c60 and c7 models along with the ASUS R58U failed to provide more than 16 mbps speed ? I am sure they are stable and had no connectivity problems like the Netgear model, but if they are not able to give even half of the ISP speed, does it mean they were defective pieces which was delivered ?

Thanks. I have ordered it from Flipkart. Hopefully this time I would receive a TP-Link product that shall stand up to the expected speeds.

Also to clarify,
considering 80
Mbps
speed through the LAN Cable directly from ISP,
if I am connecting a surface pro 6 laptops using 5 GHz band with C9 router, what should be the minimum speed that I should be getting?

you would get max to what your ISP supports.

I tested my internet speed with TP-Link archer c9. There is a marginal increase in speed compared to Archer c60 and c7.

Ethernet speed ISP : 72-76 Mbps Consistently.
TP Link Archer C9 : 22-26 Mbps. (with 5 Ghz Band) , 19-22 mbps (with 2.4 Ghz Band)

In short, C9 gave only increased the speeds by 4-5 mbps, when it was expected that it would be able to provide atleast 60-70 mbps.

No idea why this is happening. Any one who has a clue ?

I tested my internet speed with TP-Link archer c9. There is a marginal increase in speed compared to Archer c60 and c7.

Ethernet speed ISP : 72-76 Mbps Consistently.
TP Link Archer C9 : 22-26 Mbps. (with 5 Ghz Band) , 19-22 mbps (with 2.4 Ghz Band)

In short, C9 gave only increased the speeds by 4-5 mbps, when it was expected that it would be able to provide atleast 60-70 mbps.

No idea why this is happening. Any one who has a clue ?
seems quite wrong. I can max out my ISP with 5.0 GHZ easily. May be ask for replacement or complain to ISP. But this is definitely wrong.

Yeah. I could ask for replacement. This would mean that after TP-Link c60, C7, Asus RC18U and Now TP link c9 it would be the 5th time I am going with a replacement.

Also may I know why would I be checking with ISP. Is there anything which they can do here ? As it happens every time they connect Ethernet to my laptop and shows me 70-80 mbps justifying no problem at their end, which I already checked here.

There is a possibility your wifi card is not good enoguh, which laptop and which model wifi is it on ur laptop/pc

Ok. I don't think its an issue with wifi card.

Reason 1 : When ethernet cable is connected directly to laptop speed is above 70 mbps, but when ethernet cable is connected to router and from output port of the router, if Lan is connected to laptop, speed is below 30 mbps.

In this scenario, no wifi card is involved and I believe it should be the same ISP speed that I must be getting. This also means to me that the moment A9 router is in between, there is a lag of 40-50 mbps speed.

Reason 2: In the last 3-4 weeks, Along with TP-Link and Asus models I had tested Netgear R6220. This consistently gave above 60-70 Mbps range in a surface pro 6.

Also, can someone explain me how to read this. I understand download speed is 28 mbps, but what is the 80 MB showing in the bottom . Is it that 80 mb file was download to verify that speed is 28 mbps ?

What is unloaded and loaded results showing here. Is that a cause for trouble.

njwaKxw.png