Best wireless router for streaming with minimum 50 mbps speed

• Thread starter Thread starter Njnbat15
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 11,522
So today I managed to get TP-Link support team physically available at home with all 3 routers C60, c7 and c9 along with technicians from Local ISP.

After a long 5 hour diagnosis and troubleshooting, TP link support team concluded as a problem in router which they are not able to figure out.

They are suspecting firmware changes that may be needed at ISP level for TP link router to work.

In short, there is no resolution , even though I was expecting a conclusion today.

I hardly think TP-Link team is competent. These are just those who get paid 15k-10k salaries and hardly know what they are doing, apart from what they have been trained. You need someone to visit and that someone has to know his shit and know what he is doing. I don't think the problem is with the router.

Yeah. But I am not sure. They even went to the server room and connected it over the unmanaged switch to verify if it’s a cable issue. As per him , since the speed was only 20 mbps even there, he is ruling out cabling issues.

So I have only one cable broadband in my apartment. There is a monopoly with no other providers in place.

Hence if I have to choose something, I may need to go with Netgear model , probably the R7000

8OGwHVD.png

This is the response from TP-Link support team. Not really sure if they know what to do.

Netgear R7000 Prices has increased to more than 8K in flipkart and Amazon.

Return date for TP link is june 4th. I had got this for a nice deal of 4k.

Sort of confused 🙂. If there is no problem really with the Archer c9 router as the support team says, then probably I should be waiting till another broadband service provider is available. Till then, probably I can live with speeds of 25 mbps, which is not too bad.

Today TP-Link support team visited the premises second time to do further analysis of the unidentified issue with speed. They tried with one of the top end models Archer C3200 and the speed remained under 20 mbps.

However, here is the turning point, they also tried with their probably the most cheapest model , TL-WR840N V6.20.

Bingo, I was getting 76 mbps speed via Lan connection from router.

In short, the speed that the big players such as Archer c60, c7, c9 and c3200 couldn't provide, the cheapest model , well under 1000 rs was able to give.

Furthermore, to check if C9 was defective, we tried connecting the ethernet to TL-WR840N, and then from the output lan port, connected a lan cable to the Archer c9 and tested the speed from c9 using WIFI and LAN. Unbelievably, Archer c9 started showing 76 mbps speed.

In a nutshell, Archer c9 was not able to give more than 20 mbps with direct connection to the ethernet but was able to give 76 mbps when connected with the output port of TL-WR840N.

So, technically ,Archer c9 that I received is not a defective product, but somehow this model is not able to disperse good speeds from the ethernet directly, which TL-WR840N is able to give.

In short, I have found a way to enjoy great speeds with C9 , but I should now invest 1000k for buying a TL-WR840N version 6.0

So my doubt is what makes a TL-WR840N or a Netgear R6220 capable of providing high speed in comparison to the high end models of TP Link and Asus.

What do you think of all this ?

This makes zero sense LOL. What was T-P link's team reaction?

btw archer 3200 😍

Their current suggestion is to connect the 900 rs router with Ethernet and then connect 9000 rs C9 to it for achieving the desired speed

Ok. That's something which I can live with for now. I am hoping this problem wouldn't be out there with other broadband connections.

Also in the longer run, hope they would be issuing a software patch to fix this.

In between, very curious about this. If anybody in this forum may know the technical details behind it, please help me if possible

what makes a TP-Link - base model - TL-WR840N V6.20 capable of transmitting the ethernet speed which a major dual band model such as Archer c9 or Archer c3200 was not able to provide ?

Is there an internal chipset or component which makes the difference ?

Well, if i take the example of another manufacturer, neither the Asus RT-AC58U AC1300 was able to achieve speeds above 20 mbps but then the Netgear R6220 was able to disperse the full speed.

What is common between Netgear R6220 and TP link
TL-WR840N V6.20.

Last edited by a moderator: