• Thread starter Thread starter d00by
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,699

d00by

Regular
ISP
Airtel 1099 Explorer Unlimited
Hi,I am shifting to a new place which does not haev airtel in new delhi.MTNL is the option left for me.Can you suggest the best way to get mtnl broadband in delhi?I want unlimited data plan. If the speed increases at night that will be a bonus.How much time will it take to get broadband connection?

atmost 7 days (i believe) and atleast a day or two for installtion and acti....etc.register thru 1500 and note down the booking no.if lucky, for a few days (1-5 days) will get upto 2mbps, download as much as u want (on unltd plan na!)

1500? can i do that from airtel landline phone?Also, what plan are you referring to? the 799 compbo unlimited plan?is it better than the 749 NU plan?EDIT: should i get iptv option also? is it any good? how much more will it cost?

1500? can i do that from airtel landline phone?

Also, what plan are you referring to? the 799 compbo unlimited plan?

is it better than the 749 NU plan?

EDIT: should i get iptv option also? is it any good? how much more will it cost?

If you want an unlimited plan then
MTNL offers only 256Kbps, the best plan there is the 899 combo.
The alternative is to go for 749NU in that you get 2Mbps, but as the name suggests only night unlimited

IPTV is at the moment available for 500 instalation charges, 1000 rupees (refundable security) and 6 months free (cable + video on demand). The picture and sound quality is as good as DTH. After 6 months you would have to pay 250 per month for the cable.

Hope that helps

well for me 749NU is better than untld becoz the amount of data i am able to download in a night (around 2-7 hours) is much more than i can download in 3-10 days using the unltd plan! 🙂also, can indi jones bhai confirm about the speeds one get after subscribing for IPTV!

Well I have a 590NU and now I am shifting to Combo899, (still 256kbps) so I cant comment on what happens to speed with 2Mbps connection, perhaps banda can help there

Try to get in touch with your local lineman and give him a 100 rupee note :cool2:, my telephone and broadband connection was up and running within 3 days of sending the application, modem installation and service started on a Sunday. :thumbsup:

how do i know/find my local lineman. sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I have not had a mtnl phone for quite a while now. so, my mtnl knowledge is pretty low right now. 🙁

EDIT: so I should get 749 NU limited plan or the unlimited plan? Which would you suggest. I download a lot from torrents. I do not want to end up with huge bills.

EDIT : MTNL has started special offer which is valid till jan 31 in which registration charges are waived off. Would anyone recommend getting IPTV also along with triband combo unlimited? What will be the total cost of all this? (mtnl landline+triband unlimited+iptv)

EDIT : i was trying to register online for mtnl connection. I am being asked for the nearest pp no.? what is this and how do I find the nearest pp no.?

well, for one, don't do as Mr H Singh has said. This is wrong.where do you live? search for the nearest sanchar haat (for ur area) on mtnl website!

hey guys i got a doubt regarding this combo 899 plan....See, i;m using Mtnl landline and they charge me Rs180 rent for something called One india plan...so if i shift to 899combo, wud the rent of my landline also included in that or is it just 100 free extra calls.I mean if i opt for combo 899 wud that 180 Rs one India plan be included in the bill( rent)??