Best unlimited plan for downloading torrents at night?

• Thread starter Thread starter ace
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,123

ace

ISP
Various
Hi All,
Can you please suggest me the best unlimited and cost effective plan or ISP for downloading torrents at night.
It should be truly unlimited(no GB restriction) and support minimum download speed of 1mbps at night. Im ok with normal speeds during day time.
Thanks alot in advance.

ace said:
Hi All,
Can you please suggest me the best unlimited and cost effective plan or ISP for downloading torrents at night.
It should be truly unlimited(no GB restriction) and support minimum download speed of 1mbps at night. Im ok with normal speeds during day time.
Thanks alot in advance.
This highlighted one:

I have some MTNL plan which costs 450 (+ Taxes ?) per month and gives me 512 Kbps at day time and 1.5 Mbps at night (after 6 PM) or something on those lines.

Hey ace. Why dont you try local cable guys who supports peering and local caching of torrents. This way you can achieve very high torrent speeds (in several mbps). I am sure you can get a good plan in your budget.

sanke1 said:
This highlighted one:
Thanks sanke1! What download speeds can I expect on 2 mbps and thereafter on 1 mbps?
rak007 said:
I have some MTNL plan which costs 450 (+ Taxes ?) per month and gives me 512 Kbps at day time and 1.5 Mbps at night (after 6 PM) or something on those lines.
I have also heard about such a plan but didnt find anything below 550 on MTNL website, Thanks
jazzyjazzy said:
Hey ace. Why dont you try local cable guys who supports peering and local caching of torrents. This way you can achieve very high torrent speeds (in several mbps). I am sure you can get a good plan in your budget.
Hey jazzyjazzy, im using INdigital STB, wonder if they have any competitive plans. Will surely check with them, thanks alot.

Hey guys, which is a better option?
I know i'm comparing apples & oranges but at the end of the day the speed matters to me, not wired or wireless especially when the cost is almost the same. Thanks
Fixed Broadband at Rs.800/-(Incl of tax) OR

Wireless Broadband(3G) at Rs.999/-(Incl of tax)

Wireless broadband 3G is very unreliable. It is also 3 months promotional. MTNL can decide to withdraw it later.

sanke1 said:
Wireless broadband 3G is very unreliable. It is also 3 months promotional. MTNL can decide to withdraw it later.
Thanks again Sanke1. What download speeds can I expect though on 2 mbps and thereafter 1 mbps on the above fixed wireline plan?
Someone had mentioned in the wireless forum that they are getting 4-5 mbps in the night time on the 999/- 3G unlimited data plan.

Download speeds on 3g are unreliable. At one moment you will get 2 mbps and the next second it can go down to 100 kbps.

Speeds on ADSL are more reliable. You will get 1 mbps ie. 100-120 kBps after you cross FUP limit.

sanke1 said:
Download speeds on 3g are unreliable. At one moment you will get 2 mbps and the next second it can go down to 100 kbps.

Speeds on ADSL are more reliable. You will get 1 mbps ie. 100-120 kBps after you cross FUP limit.
Thanks alot sanke1. 100-120 kBps is lower than what im getting on my photon now. Im looking at atleast 1mbps of download speeds if not in the day, atleast in the night time.
I think hathway docsis will serve my purpose but sadly they are a passive company and I have not been able to get through to them.
Can you suggest a similar option? I dont mind a few mbps less or more, Thanks Again!!!

My plan (SwiftNet) is: 512kbps Unlimited with Torrent Caching & no YouTube Buffering (even at 1080p) costs Rs. 765/- a month
On some torrents i get as high as 10mbps, for most others with lesser/minimal seeders i still get 2~5mbps