Airtel
Hello All,
I am currently using

Sercomm: AOT-4221SR
AOT4221SR_R3.2
en7528_AA_P_1.1.2.88
Hardware Version 8.0
Boot Version 0310

This router in which all settings r greyed out, so can any one recommend me best router to ask from Airtel with all settings in firmware changeble available ...
current plan 499rs /40mbps, and i am thinking for changing in month end to airtel black 1099rs /200mbps plan, windows 11(old pc).

and if any root options available to disable TR09 for this 1 pls reply....

My Personal recommendation would be the ZTE F670L on the 12B firmware... but rather I'd recommend config existing Airtel ONU to bridge and using your own personal router.

Upvote 0
Earlier I was using GMX 2122A with Airtel which was completely unlocked, even simple Inspect element in chrome would reveal all passwords. Bridge option was also enabled.
However It did not have even a basic feature like DHCP reservation, so I got it changed to F670L. FW 12 is better (as already stated by @Lolita_Magnum ) but 16B is highly locked and now you might get 16B directly.
Also Airtel keeps changing firmware and locking things regularly, by now they might have locked 2122A already, so check with other forum members and decide.
If bridge mode is disabled you will have to get in touch with Airtel NOC to get it enabled from backend. It may go a bit back n fourth before resolving as different levels of people in airtel will give you different gyan about bridge mode and may discourage you from getting it done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am from chandigarh, so which router might b available , how to know? because cust care says only engineer visiting have info 🙁
@SpeedxThunder , which router ?
Huawei HG8145V5 or GMX 2122A or ZTE F670L?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I recently got two airtel connections one at home and one at my office.
I received these routers

1) Sercomm: AOT-4221SR

2) Model Name
H660GM-A
Hardware Version
DPW-G-P-66GMAZ-A3
Software Version
V3.2.2120024
Manufacturer
DASAN Networks

I want to keep the better router at my office which one of these router is better feature wise and less locked.

Upvote 0
Not sure about the DASAN. I didn't have good experience with Sercomm units. I had to replace it twice and eventually setted with ZTE F670L. Zero problems from the day it was installed. Nokia is fine as well. Airtel ONT's are locked and the most you could get out of it is to enable bridge mode with a request to CC and connect your own device.

Upvote 0
First time when I switched to fiber connection I was given Titanium 2122A router. That was about 1.5 years ago. Back then it was fully unlocked.
But personally I did not like its features (rather lack thereof) even a basic feature like DHCP reservation was not possible.
I discussed with airtel and got it changed to F670L which is locked but good.

It may be possible that by now they might have locked 2122A, you can discuss with NOC team. Raise a request to net@airtel.com
If you call Airtel CC or write to them, they will give you a scripted response like below.

We are sorry that at the moment we are not in a position to offer (Bridge Mode, another router, Static IP......) and like that 😆

Upvote 0