Best plan for a secondary number

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,998
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have a secondary number which is on Vodafone and after the recent tariff hike, I don't feel like keeping it on Vodafone any longer.

I rarely use it, but I have to keep it active. Which carrier should I port this number to?

How often do you use this number? Is it just for otp or do you genuinely use it?
If MTNL still exists, then go for it. ₹150 for entire year, all incoming and outgoing (based on balance) calls and sms.

I am also planning to do the same for few Sims.... but issue is that Mtnl have winded up its customer care offices at most places and visiting the Telephone exchange is cumbersome and time consuming. Only other option seems 10digi, which seems convenient...

Interacted with the Vi one but seems fake

I personally need only incoming for otp. But some of these apps want to trigger a message from your device to verify or whatever.

It's ironic that now data is cheap , in the sense, you could recharge a small amount and have data, but a single sms requires you to recharge a bigger amount and for a month.

I am assuming BSNL and mtnl would have the same yearly plans just to keep your number active. You could do a 150+x amount of recharge depending on how much balance ja deducted through these apps for sms or call forwarding.
In my case, I do 150+50. ₹50 is more than sufficient for outgoing SMS or calls if any.

Take BSNL recharge for ₹397 and get 300 days of validity 100 free sms per day for the first 60 days thereafter chargeable. I'm using BSNL as my primary number been receiving bank otps without any delay, receiving calls without any stuttering, coverage available everywhere even in forests,protected areas etc. Only downside is absence of 4g, so internet is pretty much useless.

I think I came across a thread on the forum about getting a BSNL connection in Delhi. Not sure if he was successful.

It would have been successful if the merger between mtnl and bsnl would have been completed with a sense of urgency and allowed to compete with other players.
Lekin nautanki se fursat mile tab nah!!

Reactions: SVK
I have a secondary Sim on bsnl. The cheapest plan available here is ₹106/84 days. But the network here is pretty bad for even to receive sms

I don't think why it shouldn't. I don't have bsnl(Mumbai) but on MTNL, my balance is ₹50 and I sent an SMS to myself just to confirm your query.
AFAIK, bsnl, mtnl don't have the concept of double balance as in Vi and Airtel.

If that's the case then I would probably switch the 2nd one to bsnl and look at 106/84 days and or 197/397 plans and add some talktime.