Best photo and video sync apps on Google Android?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,040

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
Ohh boy, I recently lost my gallery videos and pictures accidently and damn it hurt so bad......... What is the best online service for storage both video and photos and any app for that???? 🙂

I use adobe's online storage at photoshop.adobe.com , there might be more but this one works perfectly for me and syncs with the Photoshop express app.

Even this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.box.android&feature=search_result

And the same comment like Manu - i dont know if it can sync automatically or not. But, what about Google itself? If u have a plus account, u can manage that i guess. I know it surely does that with photos. Let me check if it applies to videos as well.

----------

Yes, its for both - Photos & Videos. So all u need is the Google+ App: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.plus&feature=search_result

Dropbox has a limit. But the point is that once the photos are synced on your desktop, you can easily move them out to another folder right? Google Plus uploads are resized because 2048px images are free. So, you basically get unlimited storage as long as you are fine with the resizing. Have you tried Lightbox?

no haven't tried lightbox yet.

i want to have my pics and videos in original sizes , free unlimited uploads so that in the case of any pc crash, hard drive issues my stuff are safe.

didnt get your point on Dropbox.

----------

i didnt get any information about limits on lightbox , i just checked.

ok. Dropbox is not a solution coz you are looking for cloud storage.

one thing i would suggest you based on personal experience. get over the idea of free online storage. services disappear just like that (link-removed).

lightbox i think has no limits. but they would eventually have to figure out a business model. free does not really work out well for the service provider which means that the end user ends up suffering.

stop being a bit lazy. get a storage account on google plus. sync everything in the cloud. put a weekly/monthly alert on your phone to download everything on the PC and upload it to the cloud using picasa.

----------

flickr has unlimited online storage for 25 dollars per year. i have used it for years. it is great for photos. not for videos though as they only offer 90 second clips. nothing larger...

you can perhaps think of using skydrive (25GB free)... but my personal experience is going to suggest google storage. videos up to 15 minutes are free (whatever quality) though they do not make them available for download.

photos up to 2048px are free. 80GB for 20 dollars per year is a pretty solid deal.

----------

Metago | ASTRO File Manager Overview

Astro is another option you might want to check out. They have a free account. I am not sure about the details. But the point remains, no business is going to offer a free cloud storage that can be trusted for a long time to come.

I switched from Flickr to Picasa just because I am sick of how Yahoo has ruined Flickr. And Picasa has better support on the Android platform.

shutterfly and snapfish(buy a photo gift each year) give free unlimited online storage.....if anyone is interested :clap: , but i have to look for a service with videos as well.

Is the box 50GB thing still going on ? Ive got 50GB in my account, but are they still offering it ?If so, that'd be a very good option.

no i registered there and its giving only 5 gb to me.is there anyway i have to do anything to upgrade to 50gb without any charge...????

When it comes to backups, i prefer to have extra HDD. I have a 1 GB external HDD, which i had got hastily when my Internal HDD was on the verge of crashing. And today, i use it for backups. Every 2-3 months i connect it & copy some of the important stuff to that drive. But yeah, i too got 5GB only from Box, despite of signing in from an Android device. So i guess that offer is gone.