Best photo and video sync apps on Google Android?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,057
Yep. As i said, i got it as a temporary replacement for my internal HDD. It had some issues, due to which it had to be replaced. The process took a little over a month.......i cant stay without a PC for that long! So i got an External HDD, & ran the PC thru Live USB. And after i got the replaced drive, the external drive is backup drive for me.But, how on earth can u lose ur External HDD? :O After i use it, i detach it & place it in its box!

external drives are very prone to going wrong.

you can drop them for example. humidity and temperature might cause other issues.

they are best used for temporary storage of data. using them as your only backup would be rather foolish thing to do.

But, whats the option if u have GBs & GBs of data for backing up. It mostly includes my favorite movies, songs, past matches, few really good TV series like Sarabhai v Sarabhai......its like if i lose it, there is nothing much to lose. Its like i want it as well, but still if the HDD dozes off then too ultimately it isnt that big a loss.But yeah, as far as pics is concerned, i wud look to store them online.

@Jaymin I meant data loss. I had backed up all my work (which was many GBs) and lost it. back in 2007, the internet was slow and could not take a backup of it on the internet.Movies, serials can always be downloaded, thats not a loss.The real loss is personal data. On average I take 100 pics + 1-2 videos a week.I use 20+ Google accounts to back up those till now.Other than that my code (R&D projects, office work and many other) need back up too. And plus salary slips and hell of other documents (They increase by each passing year!)I dont trust the ext HDD, prefer multiple online backups.

Now i didn't knew this hidden "feature" of External drives....so if i have to backup something important like this, i wud look for online storage as well.

it's not a hidden feature of external hard drives. it is a pretty obvious feature of anything. if something can go wrong, it would. and computer hardware is very prone to going wrong.

everpix has become pretty popular. it is in beta currently and is offering unlimited space for free for now. but once it gets out of beta, it would have paid plans. they also launched an iPhone app that automatically upload photos from the phone to their servers. android app for it is coming out in the near future.

I think this cud be a good option, if i want to upload full sized images and videos.I have over 5-6 GB (conservative estimate) of such data with me. G+ is not an option for that.