• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 831

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Need basic 16/32GB pen drives. Regular USB-A. Fast. SanDisk Extreme seems to have disappeared from the market. Most of the models I see are the same shit from 5 years ago or 2-in-1 drives.

Solution
Ended up ordering SanDisk Ultra SDDDC2-064G-I35 64 GB Pen Drive.

Turned out to be smaller in size than I had expected. Two different connectors mean that actual size of the storage part is even smaller. Which probably means that it would heat up similar to the tiny single connector drives Sandisk sells. But I guess it's nice to have a USB-C pen drive at home. Connects to my phone, my chromebook without an adapter.

IigjoYN.webp
I saw at least 4-5 regular SanDisk drives on Amazon?

Upvote 0
Way too many listings. Just looking for someone who might have recently bought a 3.x unit and it turned out well for him.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I got this last week. Meets my needs.
I have this. Does the job. But write speeds were low for me.

Upvote 0
I also have a HP usb3 drive whose write speeds are also low. Basically, I have given up on the claims that pen drives gove xyz mb speeds. Seems more like a cost cutting measure while still ensuring profits.
Max speeds I get on a big file is 16-17 Mbps on this SanDisk drive.

Upvote 0
Depends on what you need it for. SanDisk has a very small one (forgot the name) that can do up to 40-50 mbps but has almost no heat dissipation so gets very hot if used for long, so it’s a good choice only if you intend to move large data but not use the drive continuously.

I would stick to brands that manufacture their own memory ie Sandisk, Samsung etc

HP etc buy memory from the lowest bidder and stick their name on top

Upvote 0
tbh my primary use for pen drives is to install and restore os. so heat is not the problem. just need something that provides good read and write speeds.

the sheer number of models SanDisk has is the problem lol. same design and branding listed multiple times. and you might not even get the variant you ordered in the first place.

i had very good experience with their extreme series. i lost this pen drive so was looking for something to replace it. the few listings of the same brand is massively overpriced probably because it is a discontinued series.

probably would get the SanDisk Ultra Flair variant this time around.

Upvote 0
I bought a couple of SanDisk extreme 128gb pro and 64gb go sticks... on the go model I get around 300 mBps transfers and the pro model gives over 400 mBps 😀 i use these with the ventoy tool to store multiple iso files for fast installation of operating systems. Costly though

Upvote 0
Yes SanDisk Extreme is very good. I have a Corsair Flash Voyager GTX which gives me 150 mbps plus speeds. These drives have an SSD controller I guess. Most high end pen drives have been made redundant by external SSDs now which for not a lot of extra size give you way better speeds and VFM for larger capacities.

the one I was mentioning was this:

Seems to have decent speeds based on benchmarks

Upvote 0
Upvote 1
Solution