Best Music Director- 2007

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,312
although 80 % of his songs are copied ..its still pritam for me..metro was grt !

Pritam for me. According to his father Pritam gets inspired by listening to a variety of world music, so he uses them for his songs. I am not complaining if his songs turn out as good as they are now. Like Life in a Metro and Gangster before that.

Where is the name of Illayaraja? He is a big music director in the south. Most of the A.R.Rahaman song's are copied from him.

Voted for Himesh 🙂

Hey wiseman you got it wrong. Rahman's songs aren't copied from Illayraja. I respect illayraja's music. He has his own style and Rahman his own style of composing a melody. For your kind information Rahman has worked as keyboard player for Illayraja. He gets inspiration. He doesn't copyRahman Rocks

Mithun. Three good albums Bas Ek Pal, Anwar, The Train.As far as I am concerned, Tosey Naina Lagey (Javeda Zindagi) from Anwar is the song of the year.

Tough competition between Mithun, Pritam and Himesh Reshammiya :thumbsup:

Mithun. Three good albums Bas Ek Pal, Anwar, The Train.
As far as I am concerned, Tosey Naina Lagey (Javeda Zindagi) from Anwar is the song of the year.
I second that

Tough competition between Mithun, Pritam and Himesh Reshammiya :thumbsup:
i second that, but maybe will leave himesh out of it. i think his earlier songs were much better. the new ones are also nice, but not great as the others.
mithoon and pritam are just fabulous. 🙂

I am listing music directors with their songs which I liked and the film they are from. Based on quality and numbers, Mithoon is tops.

Mithoon

[*] Bas Ek Pal (Bas Ek Pal)
[*] Tere Bin (Bas Ek Pal)
[*] Javeda Zindagi - Tosey Naina Lagey (Anwar)
[*] Maula Mere Maula (Anwar)
[*] Beete Lamhein (The Train)
[*] Mausam (The Train)
[/list]Rahman

[*] Jaage Hain (Guru)
[*] Ay Hairathe (Guru)
[*] Aayo Re Sakhi (Water)
[/list]Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy

[*] Ya Rabba (Salaam-e-Ishq)
[*] Aaj Ki Raat (Don)
[*] Bol Na Halke Halke (Jhoom Barabar Jhoom)
[/list]Himesh

[*] Main Jahaan Rahoon (Namastey London)
[*] Tera Mera Milna (Aapka .... whatever)
[/list]Ilaiya Raja

[*] Cheeni Kum (Cheeni Kum)
[*] Jaane Do Na (Cheeni Kum)
[/list]Pankaj Awasthi

[*] Dilbar Mera (Anwar)
[/list]Shantanu Moitra

[*] Chanda Re (Eklavya)
[/list]Strings

[*] Aakhri Alvida (Shootout At Lokhandwala)
[/list]
Before Namastey London, I would not have touched Himesh's albums even with a barge pole. Nothing against his music per se. His voice got on my nerves. It seems his collaboration with Akhtar has made a difference.

As regards Pritam, I liked the music of Gangster. Further, he is a guest composer on Bas Ek Pal. I purchased Metro a month back and have not got around to hearing it yet. So I cannot offer comments on him or Metro.

One more thing. Pankaj Awasti is highly under rated. Listen to Dilbar Mera and you will understand. I listened to Tosey.. and Maula.. from Anwar for a month before getting around to the other songs and was pleasantly surprised.

This is a bit off-topic, but I am adding this just the same. I generally purchase audio cds. But in case of Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, I foolishly purchased a DVD-Audio disc. Only after coming home did I realise that there was no way I could rip the songs to flac format as I normally do. The disc contains audio in various formats. But for most of them, the dvd player software requires a separate decryption key. This is the first and last time I am going for DVD-Audio. Hope that the format dies a timely and deserved death.

Where is the name of Illayaraja? He is a big music director in the south. Most of the A.R.Rahaman song's are copied from him.

Can you name one song which he copied?