Best Modem for Dual-Band Router (pls help an amateur)

ISP
Airtel Broadband DSL
Hello everyone. This is the first time I am posting anywhere, so pls forgive for any mistakes.
I have a Airtel Broadband DSL connection. The wifi Modem+Router combo that was provided by Airtel just got broken. Since it was never good enough for me considering the 12 devices that I wish to run on the wifi in my 3-storey house, I am looking to buy a much much better wireless router this time. The earlier modem+router gave signal coverage to only 1 storey and got really slow as more and more devices got connected to it.
So this time I am considering buying a Dual-Band Router so that I can put some devices on the 5 Ghz band and rest on the 2.4 Ghz band. Also the 5 ghz band should help as too many wifi signals from the neighbourhood are interfering in the 2.4 Ghz band.
What I need to know is what kind of modem do I need for the dual-band router? Are there any special modems for the dual-band routers or the simple modems that are used for the single-band routers are good here as well? Which is the best modem and is it available online? Somebody using a dual-band router please help.
Any kind of advice shall be highly appreciated.
Thanks for your replies in advance.