• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,405

arnold991

Kingfisher
ISP
BSNL EDGE & EVDO
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get Dataone Home 500 Plan because it has got a 2Mbps Speed. But before that I have few questions regarding it:

1) Which Modem is best for Dataone (both interface)? For torrent downloading, in terms of Ping.

a) USB Modem

b) Wifi Modem ( so that I can use my Laptop )

Give suggestion for both type.

2) And do the BSNL guys before providing the connection tell us about how much speed we would get ? I mean whether it will be 256kbps or 2Mbps.

Because if later I find that speed is 256kbps then there is no use taking this connection.

3) And is Online Gaming possible with Dataone Connections ?

4) Is there any kind of port blocking ?

I mean does all torrent clients (tools like this which require certain open ports) works without NAT error ?

5) Guys please also specifiy the price of the modem.

6) What is the fastest method of getting Dataone Connection because I think Online Registration leads to delay.

7) When you measure the amount of DL/UL by your tool then does it get tally with the BSNL Online Measurement System ?

I mean is there any kind of billing problems, like sometimes unknown charges added by private players leading to higher bill amount - transparency in billing.

8) And please guide me to the link where can I find out the Upload Speed of various plans for Home Users ?

Cheers 🙂
'Arnold'

i think the best modem is the one that comes with the connection. as bsnl gives warranty on that. the fastest way is thru their customer service centres (i got mine in 3-4 working days!!)the internet speed is very good .. depends on the congestion also. can get 2mbps in night time.billing is fair.didnt test with other internet traffic meter except for the windows inbuilt one.