• Thread starter Thread starter Kartik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,685

Kartik

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello! Friends, I'm planning to buy a LCD TV (either 32" or 37") but since I will be buying it for the very first time I do not have much information about which one to go for. I have basically shortlisted Sony brand. Please suggest me the best LCD TV which I can use with my Tata Sky DTH taking into consideration all the important factors like quality, value for money, etc. I have heard that picture quality degrades on the LCD TVs, is that true? :huh:I would be really very grateful if you could please advice me the model no as well. Many thanks in advance. :urock:

what you see in showrooms may not be true at home with Tata Sky. tell your showroom guy to show lcd on tatasky and be a judge yourself ...

Firstly, please keep in mind that with Tata Sky - or any other DTH for that matter - the larger the screen, the greater the distortion. It will not be blurry or anything, but you can rest assured you will notice a drop in the picture quality compared to what you get on your current screen [assuming you currently have something less than 32" at home].

As far as the LCD is concerned, IMO Samsung is more VFM than Sony. Earlier Sony was way ahead in terms of quality, particularly due to the quality of the panels they used, but Samsung has done well to catch up and even beat Sony in recent years.

The major confusion most folks have is whether to go for a HD-ready or full-HD TV. Agreed a full HD guarantees far better picture - but then you require the content too, which unfortunately is available in limited quality in India and is also very expensive. I personally went for a HD-ready considering these factors. Technology keeps changing, so in a few months [years is passe], there will be better TVs in the market, but unless we have HD content, I do not think a full HD TV in India is worth it.

----------

btw, there is a good deal on Samsung 4 series [HD ready, not full HD] 32" on eBay. Priced at Rs. 26K, the model normally retails between 31 and 32 K in the market.

eBay India: BRAND NEW SAMSUNG LA32B450C4M 32" LCD TV + Dealer Wrty (item 250539879664 end time 09-Dec-2009 08:00:00 IST)

Results may vary as the picture clarity of each LCD differs. Connection of Tata Sky DTH may not affect the clarity the TV porvides.

what you see in showrooms may not be true at home with Tata Sky. tell your showroom guy to show lcd on tatasky and be a judge yourself ...

you are correct. that will stop from getting disappointed.

Infact watching on LCD gives a different impact and better viewing pleasure movies especially.:thumb:

If some company has 14" LCD TV then go for it along with TS, then picture will look great on it.

go for 26" max ... Anything above it will be a waste for any dth provider .. none of them provide excellent picture quality which can be viewed on 29" or more size tvs..

hitman said:
go for 26" max ... /QUOTE]

Beyond that none of the Dth will provide excellent quality but upto 29'' good decent picture quality is expected:inodding: