Best ISP in Pune? (Magarpatta City)

ISP
dad's free photon,20mbps university LAN
Hey Guys....so I am shifting from Mumbai to Pune and along wid that have to dump my precious 1mbps MTNL Plan :sad:. What ISP would you recommend for Pune? I will be living in that home for only four months in a year as I study in a hostel. But I download my entire year's ration of Movies, games and TV shows during that period.. I was hoping for something with a comparable speed and a FUP limit of AT LEAST 40-50 gigs. I contacted You Broadband as their plans seemed the best 1mbps beyond 25 gb seemed fine to me...but they said that they are not sure they service the area and said that they will get back to me. I will be living in Magarpatta City in Hadapsar .Thanks

Nothing special really in that case. I wouldn't reccomend reliance. Ask around about its quality though.

Magarpatta..one of the finest...anyways...YOU broadband is currently good there..considering the popularity of the area...second option which i recommend(also taking into consideration quality of service)...BSNL Broadband..!!There are no options in Pune...BSNL/YOU...some areas have local cablewaala though..But i wouldn't recommend going for it..as local cablewaala are the worst in Pune..Ask about Hathway in your area...Hadapsar is having a decent experience...But Magarpatta city is kinda semi part of Hadapsar..its building up like a individual sector of its own..so i can't really judge about Hathway...And about Reliance and Airtel and other B.S...don't go for it..Believe me..your experience will start to degrade automatically..so if you want to make some trips to offices here and there and talk to auntys and uncles..then you can opt for it...!!I had bad reviews about tikona..but some of my friends had a good experience with it..So i guess its just a matter of Luck....

Magarpatta..one of the finest...anyways...YOU broadband is currently good there..considering the popularity of the area...second option which i recommend(also taking into consideration quality of service)...BSNL Broadband..!!
There are no options in Pune...BSNL/YOU...some areas have local cablewaala though..But i wouldn't recommend going for it..as local cablewaala are the worst in Pune..
Ask about Hathway in your area...Hadapsar is having a decent experience...But Magarpatta city is kinda semi part of Hadapsar..its building up like a individual sector of its own..so i can't really judge about Hathway...
And about Reliance and Airtel and other B.S...don't go for it..Believe me..your experience will start to degrade automatically..so if you want to make some trips to offices here and there and talk to auntys and uncles..then you can opt for it...!!
I had bad reviews about tikona..but some of my friends had a good experience with it..So i guess its just a matter of Luck....

So you mean to say that YOU has its network in magarpatta?....I am not as as interested in reliability as I am in speed and a FUP limit as high as possible. My budget is around 1500 pm...Hathway is the "official" cable operator of Magarpatta, but their plans are crap. There is another relative of mine in Ahmedabad who is on the YOU 12mbps plan, and although the speed is nowhere near advertised, it goes upto 6 mbps and post 25 gigs its 1mbps, all for only 1100!,, which in my opinion is freakin amazing!...although they do experience downtime of around 1-2 days pm.

From what I understand the options for Magarpatta are mostly Tata or BSNL. Others (like Airtel) are probably rare if not impossible to get there.

So you mean to say that YOU has its network in magarpatta?....I am not as as interested in reliability as I am in speed and a FUP limit as high as possible. My budget is around 1500 pm...Hathway is the "official" cable operator of Magarpatta, but their plans are crap. There is another relative of mine in Ahmedabad who is on the YOU 12mbps plan, and although the speed is nowhere near advertised, it goes upto 6 mbps and post 25 gigs its 1mbps, all for only 1100!,, which in my opinion is freakin amazing!...although they do experience downtime of around 1-2 days pm.

I've heard YOU was operating in Hadapsar...so i guess youu might get that in Magarpatta too...Still would recommend BSNL over YOU..because of the Quality of service..BSNL is better as compared to YOU and other guys...but don't go for Airtel/Reliance or others..thats for sure...your call anyways...!!
If you go for Airtel and others..you'l have to spent a lot of time with their office mates to get it fixed..if any..!!i can guarantee that