Best ISP in mumbai(thane)?

I'm currently using mtnl triband 1.3 Mbps rental - 999. I've connected the modem to a router to get wifi in my house. I have at least 3-4 laptops, 1 desktop, 4 cell phones and 2 tablets connected to it 24/7. The max download speed I get on average is around 140kbps. And that's very unsatisfactory. I'm looking for an ISP who will provide a much faster and reliable Internet connection when compared to mtnl. And the monthly rental shouldn't cross 2000. And the plan I'm looking for is an unlimited one as I do a lot of downloading. I'm considering bsnl, airtel and reliance. Can anyone tell me which one would be better??? And are there ISPs which provide FTTH in thane? Like beam fiber or hayai??

if ur expecting the earth n heavens in 2k then ur going to be very disappointed. airtel has no unlimited plans. i doubt reliance has any plans with speeds abv 1mbps unlimited AND for price less than 2k. hayai has not launched yet and in any case its not unlimited.

How about the 999 Plan from reliance .
12Mbps speed upto 25Gb and 1mbps there after .
25gb is not much but the speed sounds pretty good

----------

The thing is, I'll probably exhaust the 25gbs of data in a week or so. What about local ISPs?? They don't have FUPs do they?

dats why i said for truely unlimited ril wont satisfy him in 2k for speeds beyond 2mbps

I'm currently using mtnl triband 1.3 Mbps rental - 999. I've connected the modem to a router to get wifi in my house. I have at least 3-4 laptops, 1 desktop, 4 cell phones and 2 tablets connected to it 24/7. The max download speed I get on average is around 140kbps. And that's very unsatisfactory. I'm looking for an ISP who will provide a much faster and reliable Internet connection when compared to mtnl. And the monthly rental shouldn't cross 2000. And the plan I'm looking for is an unlimited one as I do a lot of downloading. I'm considering bsnl, airtel and reliance. Can anyone tell me which one would be better??? And are there ISPs which provide FTTH in thane? Like beam fiber or hayai??

If fivenet is available in your area then that is a good option... They have a 10Mbps plan which is for around 12k or so per annum(dont no the exact current plan)... Most users have reported good results with them & it has about 200TB of data shared on its DC++ for users to download @ 80Mbps+...

Even ive heard about five net. Do they have like an official website where I can acquire more information?? I couldn't find anything on google... Just a bunch of forum links.

----------

dats why i said for truely unlimited ril wont satisfy him in 2k for speeds beyond 2mbps
then what do you suggest I should do?? Bump up my budget?? If so, what is the minimum budget I would require for a plan which has speeds of 4mbps and up??

Which area of Thane do you reside in?

fivenet does 5mbps/10mbps @ 2500+ in mumbai. u can try them if available in ur area.alternatively u cud get the 1mbps plan(for internet) and download stuff from dc++ @ 100mbps

I have a dynamic ip and IIS 7.5 installed in my laptop! When ever I open my public ip address, I get the modem's configuration page! I want it like this : When ever I open the public address it should open my IIS Server Website! What shall I do? Tell me! 🙂

Which area of Thane do you reside in?

I live in the ghodbunder road area of thane...
Near wagbil

----------

I'm looking for a speed boost too. I saw the plans of FTTH providers like beam fiber who are giving 25 and 50 mbps plans at 1000-1500rs is there anything at least similar to this in thane? Someone who's providing plans of at least 10-15mbps?? The DC++ sure seems like a logical choice, can I get a few links to their sites?? Although the speed is unsatisfactory, I'll look into it, see if I find anything interesting...

There is a local cable tv and internet provider in Naupada area. But you are too far away from main city. I doubt whether he will be able to provider service in Ghodbunder road area.