• Replies Replies 156
  • Views Views 20,830

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Just wondering which sanitizer, you guys have found to be the best yet.

The ones I have tried and remember are these…

Lifebuoy: Gel based. Very good. This is perhaps my favorite. I just wish they sold this in 5L bottles lol.
Savlon: Non-Gel. Pretty good.
Dettol: Gel based. Didn’t like it but does the job.
Microsteril: This is the one that became popular recently in my local market after local stores ran out of 3M branded units. This is shit. Smells like shit. Very hard on the hands. I bought a 500ml bottle and I just want to dump it in the toilet.
Germo-Free: I just got this from the local chemist because I just had Microsteril shit left. This is non-gel and seems much better than other non-gel solutions I have tried yet. Smells nice as well.

I have been trying to order Dabur one from Amazon for a few days now. They have three different variants. Hopefully they would get on sale in Gurgaon soon.

Last edited:
Have you tried 3M? I've 3M Handrub.

3m disappeared from local market after the government price regulation came. it was selling for 800 bucks for 500ml in black during early days.

do tell the printed price and size of the bottle. i never checked what the actual mrp is.

MRP is Rs. 420 for 500ml, but I have it for over a year, so the price would be higher now. It's good for 3 years.

It has a strong smell somewhat like thinner which initially used to make me sneeze, but I got used to it.

that's the thing. it cannot be sold for more than 250 bucks today. that's why it does not seem to be available anywhere. Grofers in fact has listed Savlon 500ml bottle at old mrp. have pinged them about it. dekhe if they bring the price down to 250 bucks. otherwise they are in violation of the current regulation.

Xi4Np5x.png

Keep in mind that:

CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol

and i think you have to rub the sanitizer for atleast 15 seconds on your hands for it to be effective.

isopropyl alcohol or rubbing alcohol is also hard to find in chemist stores these days. in my local market, sanitizers are easily available now. there was massive shortage in early days because everyone went crazy and bought out all stock of masks and sanitizers.

that reminds me... niece's assignment ppt today had a slide where they linked to videos showcasing how to make sanitizer at home. and the video they linked to was so stupid. dude in the video basically mixed aloe vera gel and Dettol and claimed that it was a sanitizer. no ip alcohol. so much stupidity all around. i mean sure dettol is pretty good on its own. but even the company making it has stated that they have not yet confirmed if dettol kills the covid-19. they have yet to get access to the virus strain or something. even if it does kill covid-19... dettol is not something you would want to use as a sanitizer for hands. it does not evaporate lol.

nm. there are a lot of videos that show the same thing. not sure how many of these also include ip alcohol as well.

i also saw some videos where some idiots are sanitizing notes by dipping them in bucket water in which they put in dettol. crazy shit.

Last edited by a moderator: