Best Gigabit Router Under Rs. 3000

I wanted a gigabit router under 3000 so I read a a lot of reviews on Amazon about various routers where most buyers complained about the range of their respective routers.
So i decided to neglect the reviews and bought this router from Amazon for Rs 2749.
But this router is worthless. It gets disconnected after every 20 min and the range of this router is just 10% better than my old Netgear JNR1010v2 — N150 Wireless Router and gets heated a lot.
Even though the router is Amazon fulfilled i am not able to get a refund for this router.
Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
You can try getting a replacement by automatic online process then its refund by default 2nd time I guess.

Sushubh

Administrator
it's pretty messed up how Amazon keeps on promoting easy return policy which has now disappeared from shit load of products.
i always try to find out return policy of product i am considering ordering and most of the times the product listing does not even show it.

i mean just check the d-link listing in the above post. i could not find anything about the return policy of the product on the link.

Sushubh

Administrator
I understand you want to know the return policy for "D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit (LAN/WAN) Router". Please don't worry, I'll surely help you with this.

To help you with this, I've checked and confirmed that the Router are under 10 Days; Replacement only and not eligible for return if the item is "No longer needed".
I guess this explains why return policy section has basically disappeared from Amazon .in listings in the recent months.

Also, it might be cheaper and more efficient to get two relatively cheaper wireless routers and then have a wired backhaul to the main router from the secondary. One would be in router mode and the other in AP mode, and both would be configured with the same SSID and stuff. Your device would automatically connect to the closest wireless AP (in most cases).

Even if they only offer replacement for first time, then If my memory is correct they refund you the money if you get the same problem with the replacement product as well.

Last edited: