Best FTP Server?

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
ISP
TriB 749NU @ 2 mbps
Which is the best FTP server software according to you guys...it should be easy to use and light on the system...and most importantly, free!!! 😀i'm currently using "Fastream NETFile Server"...how would u rate it against whatever u suggest???

filezilla server works fine here.

don;t think what feature you would require from a FTP server other than sharing folder, limiting access, kicking out users... free filezilla does it well. 😉

well, i can do all that in my existing one as well...just the problem is that, it's not authenticating any user...means, it's showing "bad password" for all the users... 🤔

well i doubt it would be a fault with the server. 🙂 try out these other two options and continue with what works for u! their are tons more out there bulletftp, cerebrus and more...

i'm facing the same prob with filezilla as well :wub:is it coz i'm sitting on the same machine???i don't think so...i used to do it perfectly on Reliance...also, i could connect my FTP from my office, but now unable to do so since i restarted the modem and got a new IP 🙁getting this error message...Status: Connecting to *******.com ...Status: Connected with ******.com. Waiting for welcome message...Response: 220 FTPU ready.Command: USER *****Response: 331 Password required for ******.Command: PASS ***Response: 530 Login incorrect.Error: Unable to connect!

Status: Connecting to *****.com ...Status: Connected with *****.com. Waiting for welcome message...Response: 220 FTPU ready.Command: USER *****Response: 331 Password required for *****.Command: PASS Response: 500 Sorry, no such command.Error: Unable to connect!

am using no firewalls...seems the NAT in the router is creating the prob...done some changes...try now...else i'll have to disable NAT in the router...