Best DNS for Sify to increase speed.

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 22,880
Yea...for some reason the host file is not being updated atleast i don't c any of those entries, reinstallin also didn't add any thing. May be there are different install packs for all.Thanks, Boy and Gaurav....lets c if they work at my end.EDIT: if this thing is suppose to help in offline renewal then its not workin, i can't access the citibank portal unless i am logged on. 🙁

Are u not even able to access citibank via the client?Does offline renewal works for u via credit card??

Host files are a shortcut to DNS server or bypass for dsn route. If the entries are found in hosts file the web browser shall not go to search in the real dsn search order servers. hence it is a shortcut. But now if the entry in host file is a error ... then there is no way that it shall go to search the real ip of your url. hence only sure ip address should be put in the host file to that corresponding url
eg.
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx www.abcd.com
now if u put
xxx.xxx.xyx.xxx www.abcd.com it shall go to the later ip address and return an error.

Well try directly connecting to the IP's listed while offline, if you can't, there is no route to them, so adding DNS entries wont help.

Concept of offline browsing can be explained as below😛uropse- SIfy do not wish to lose a valuable customer just because he has no internet to conect and use cc for payment.How it works - Sify has opened free access to 2 websites ie. sifymall and citibank payment gateway. So even if you do not have a expired sify account with the static IP which yr CTO has given you u can access the 2 websites with help of hosts files. These things work well with new 2.7 client. The hosts files help to avoid the route to sam server and directly contact sifymall IP address. As these IP are open free it does not require any authorisation from sam server. Sify gives this service (only this service free) 😉

suraj try typing that ip i provided in the browser directly when u are offlineif it still doesn't work then maybe ur cto has blocked ur access

I can understand sifymall being hosted on Sify's own intranet instead of the internet but looks like Citibank's gateway is being hosted by Sify on its intranet too 🙂.