• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 14,227

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Guys Just got a Sony 3D TV. It supports DLNA which means that I can stream contents (Movies, music, videos and pics) from my PC directly to my TV without need of my Xbox or any other device. Till now I was using Tversity through my Xbox .. but somehow this stupid Tversity does not supports Sony .. So i tired built in "Play To" functionality in windows media player .. but not happy with the results .. most of the videos are pixlated ..can anyone suggest a DLNA compliant Media server for Sony and other devices. I have tons of HD movies on my PC which I'm eager to watch on my new TV 🙂 thx for help guys ..

Okay guys .. Found the answer 🙂 .. Just tried Mezzmo

Got amazing results. All my files were streamed directly to TV without any problems. It has inbuilt transcoder , so the file formats not supported on the TV (like MKV, DIVx etc ) were also played. The quality was just amazing and transcoding was superfast with no jerks in watching, reversing or forwarding the movie. The Music files also played pretty good and could hear every beat 🙂

I have been using Tversity for over a year now, but seems like its time to say goodbye to it. The biggest problem with Tversity was while transcoding some file types (particularly MKV), the movie used to halt for 4-5 seconds in between after every 15 mins or so and reversing was not possible at all for these file types. Forwarding would also sometimes hang the entire playback and I would have to restart my PC and xbox to get the movie play again. Sometimes I had to watch the movie from the beginning as forwarding was not possible with MKV.

All these issues are not there in Mezzmo. I could rewind, fast forward with easy for all file types and the quality is at par sometimes better than Tversity. Mezzmo also supports various other TVs, DVD players and gaming consoles (Xbox, PS3) which are DLNA compliant, so it looks like a pretty good choice to me. The only problem I faced with it is sometimes the playback does not continues from where I stopped the movie last time, guess I need to fiddle with the settings and I'm sure this will not be an issue.

For now, Im shutting down the Tversity server and Hello Mezzmo 🙂

I am new to BSNL Broadband connection. I have bought BD 370 Sony blu Ray Player. It offers to play internet video streaming to my TV without PC. i believe I have to configure username and username to my type 1 modem. How can I do it. At present I access broadband connection using a dialer.The Common qus thread no 6 says the same thing but does not elaborate

well Shekhar, you would probably need something to share the internet connection between your PC and the Blu Ray player. I have a router at my place .. you can go for it .. or use a switch. Not very sure about the settings of username on your modem though..