Best Dlink ADSL Router available in Indian Market ?

• Thread starter Thread starter shrapnel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,819

shrapnel

ISP
Airtel Unlimited 1499
Hi guys I was thinking of getting a new D-Link ADSL2+ Router and keep my old Dlink DSL-500T router as a backup.Is the Dlink GLB-502T router any good ?Which according to you guys is the best Dlink (or any other brand) Router in the Market ?And by "best" I mean best, NOT value-for-money shiz, price no object (upto a point🙂) !

Dunno..... But i think one should go for Linksys routers.. they are much more compatible... But its your own choice... I never used a router..:thumbsup:

Dunno..... But i think one should go for Linksys routers.. they are much more compatible... But its your own choice... I never used a router..:thumbsup:
:huh:then how on earth do you use Airtel DSL...... oh, I suppose you're using their USB Modem !?

Just yesterday I bought a D-Link DES 1008D 8 port switch for Rs.1100+vat to set up a shared network for the internet. [you will also need the Beetel USB/Ethernet modem]I would have prefered a Linksys since it is coming from a more reliable company but they only had a wireless device which costed Rs.2000+vat plus I would require the additional adapter card costing another Rs1000+vat

Just yesterday I bought a D-Link DES 1008D 8 port switch for Rs.1100+vat to set up a shared network for the internet. [you will also need the Beetel USB/Ethernet modem]

I would have prefered a Linksys since it is coming from a more reliable company but they only had a wireless device which costed Rs.2000+vat plus I would require the additional adapter card costing another Rs1000+vat
Well, I'm not setting up a Network. I'm looking for something equivalent to the old DSL 500-T Router I'm using. And why on earth would I need a USB (ugh) modem... I have a LAN card, thank you.

Well, I'm not setting up a Network. I'm looking for something equivalent to the old DSL 500-T Router I'm using. And why on earth would I need a USB (ugh) modem... I have a LAN card, thank you.

DSL 500-T Router is also a router with some advanced features combined with a ADSL modem.

The Beetel modem supplied by Airtel has USB socket (ugh) as an option otherwise it connects directly (with a RJ45 ) the to the D-Link. DES 1008D (or to the system). I had no use for having a router with a modem since I already had the Beetle modem.

OK ! I've almost decided to get the D-Link DSL-502T Router/Modem as I can't find anything adverse against it on the 'Net and also 'cos my local computerwallah has it in stock😛Any opinions on this model ?

OK ! I've almost decided to get the D-Link DSL-502T Router/Modem as I can't find anything adverse against it on the 'Net and also 'cos my local computerwallah has it in stock😛
Any opinions on this model ?

It has two main features but I cant tell if you really require them.

1. Additional protection from hacking thereby protecting the entire network behind the router.

2. Ability to expose a single client behind the router without compromising the entire network.

hmmm..... I may go in for the D-Link GLB-502T as it is definitely ADSL2+, while older versions of the DSL-502T may be only ADSL1+ and may need a Firmware flash to attain ADSL2+ .Also, the GLB costs only Rs 150/- more (Rs 1600) than the DSL-502T.For what its worth, the Indian Dlink site only mentions the GLB and not the DSL-502T.

I'm having the GLB model for use with BSNL. This one had heating issues and gets restarted if overheated. I am using it with the top cover open (Ofcourse i lost my warranty! 😉) and it works perfect. Don't know if this problem was solved in the later batches.

'm having the GLB model for use with BSNL. This one had heating issues
eeek..... when did you buy your GLB.......please tell me the exact model no: or batch no: or something.

Yes, I use the beetel USB/Ethernet modem 220BX ADSL2+ :yahoo:

Go Get Linksys router .......... :thumbsup:
OK , Linksys is looking good....give me a few good model numbers and prices. Most of them appear to be Wireless models. Will they work with our Airtel ADSL ?
What about Netgear ?

eeek..... when did you buy your GLB.......please tell me the exact model no: or batch no: or something.

Here's the details of mine.. I bought it in Jan07..

Product Information
Model Number GLB-502T
HW Revision P1R4
Software Versions
Gateway 3.7.0B
Software Version 3.7.0B.0
ATM Driver 5.00.07.01
DSL HAL 5.00.05.00
DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A
SAR HAL 01.07.2b
PDSP Firmware 0.52
Boot Loader 1.2.1.5

Here's the details of mine.. I bought it in Jan07..

Product Information
Model Number GLB-502T
HW Revision P1R4
Software Versions
Gateway 3.7.0B
Software Version 3.7.0B.0
ATM Driver 5.00.07.01
DSL HAL 5.00.05.00
DSL Datapump 6.01.04.00 Annex A
SAR HAL 01.07.2b
PDSP Firmware 0.52
Boot Loader 1.2.1.5