Best Broadband Plans in India with at least 1 mbps, no FUP, equal upload speeds

• Thread starter Thread starter brickhouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 7,521
well i have uploaded at 1mbps on YouTube servers so i don't think youtube throttles traffic from india. your ISP might be doing it for you though!

We and HNS are peered with Google at 1Gbit/s (so far). Uploading those videos in January (which were about 20mbytes a minute uncompressed AVIs) didn't take too long.

and i think airtel 2mbps claims for youtube ipl broadcast revealed that akamai was being used by youtube. so youtube does not control all of their downloads themselves. they also use CDNs 🙂

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. tells me:

Your average video speed at this location from March 31, 2010 to April 29, 2010 was 916 Kbps.

and i think airtel 2mbps claims for youtube ipl broadcast revealed that akamai was being used by youtube. so youtube does not control all of their downloads themselves. they also use CDNs 🙂

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. tells me:

Strange, it shows 530kbps for me:

And Akamai is in Bangalore.

if 530kbps is all you get while downloading videos from youtube (with nothing else consuming your bandwidth), your ISP is probably throttling your connection.

test with the video test on the same page. it shows the speed you are getting while downloading the video.

if 530kbps is all you get while downloading videos from youtube (with nothing else consuming your bandwidth), your ISP is probably throttling your connection.

test with the video test on the same page. it shows the speed you are getting while downloading the video.

I just did, i received full speed. But when i browse regular videos it doesn't go over 60kbps.:ishock:

techtata said:
Hi,

This is a good thread for people who want exactly what you have listed.

My questions are as follows:

So, you want an unlimited plan including upload+download?
fully unlimited,no quota on anything

You want the connection speed to me minimum 1 mbps, right?

yeah

This is hardly possible in India or even abroad.

wat is?

and i'm asking to list the plans that do offer,not for debating the problems of internet providers

You want a gurantee from the ISP that the speed will remain constant ie no decrease in speed no matter what, right? This is rather unlikely in India as speed always flucatuates even if you have a 50 mbps connections as offered by some companies like Verizon in the USA.

Thanks and please clarify ASAP.

600KBPS-1MBPS meant that some ISPs have plans which offer their customers with 600kbps normal and 1mbps when users are very low.and no upto 'this limit' plans.

and i didn't target the 600kbps-1mbps range,it could be any.

Those speeds provided by verizon state that they are upto 50mbps,the plans i have listed are locked 1mbps plans with contention ratios 1:8 or lower.

those 'upto plans' don't have loacked contention ratios.

and they aren't possible in india?I have TATA 1mbps plan and get the promised speed all the time and all those i have listed are providing the same

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

stirredo said:
Youtube throttles the indian traffic right? I have never seen youtube give me more than 60kbps on my 1mbps connection.

some prob with isp throtling

my fried streams 720p HD with 4mbps night plan

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

stirredo said:
I just did, i received full speed. But when i browse regular videos it doesn't go over 60kbps.:ishock:

or it must be because of MTNAL contention ratio.You should use Speedbit Speed optimizer,it forces browser to be bandwidth hungry and works like Download managers to take as much speed as posiible from ur connection

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

admin said:
from what i can see. no Fair Usage Policy on my airtel 1mbps plan. and i get 1 mbps on both uploads and downloads.

yeah just checked delhi's airtel plans don't have FUp's and they are costlier from mumbai plans.

do they have constant 1mbps upload like downloads.if so i would include it in my post.

i have spoken to airtel mumbai sales guys,even though it has 30gbs 1mbps FUP site but they say no FUP is applied even though it is written.And they also say uploads are 1mbps too but when spoken to their engineer's its different and different with Customer care,don't know who to believe.if they were providing then i would take

also admin,why are my two later reply post arranged above my Main thread post on the 1st page of this thread.My other replies were posted normally at the end.

and when you post two consective posts,they are posted separately but mine are posted just a grey line of date and time.

forum is facing a time sync problem for days now. i am still looking for a permanent fix.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

here is a sample upload

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Comes to around: 0.8678 Mb/s (megabits per second)

forum is facing a time sync problem for days now. i am still looking for a permanent fix.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

here is a sample upload

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Comes to around: 0.8678 Mb/s (megabits per second)

hey Admin can you can this thread properly arranged?