Best Broadband in Mumbai!

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi_shek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 16,738
how would I listen to a 320 kbps online radio stream? or a degraded 128 kbps quality for that matter?Think about that, Sushubh. And no, I dont download x-rated stuff or movies....and I never will, even if its possible.

read max's reply and you would know why indian ISPs shy away from giving away unlimited packages.

yes, Sushubh...I know, I am in the minority[/b]

well we need more people like you to get the ISPs to get more libral with their policies and packages 😉

I have been using MTNL for almost a year now. Never crossed their 1 GB limit. I am a heavy user of net but not a heavy downloader. At max, I download Linux Distros occasionally.

ha!!!1gb is a jokei cross that limit every month even after veiwin pages in cached mode.

I agree with coolbudddyYou will soon get bored.I had initially nite plans of high speed when I took cablenet , and downloaded like crazy ..almost 1GB per nite.Then it slowly wore down...I had no stuff to download and no space on HDD left!!So switched to lower speed full day plan, which costs just the same. I now use the net more for learning etc rather than downloading.Its like how a person in deserts goes crazy on seeing water in huge quantities...(from dialup to 300kbps)....then it gradually faded off.And btw the argument by ISp that few users consume more bandwidth and others suffer is crap , because its an attempt to cover their fraud. If they dont have the bandwidth why did they give out so many connections????

Well, I simply dont understand y people go n download movies or softwares?Movies.. u get the CD for 40-50Rs .. and if u download u keeep the pc working for more than 10-15 hrs.. which is better?Software - Goto comp vendor Cd for 50-100Rs.. and if u download u keeep the pc working for more than 10-15 hrs.. which is better?I only use the unlimited connection coz my net is always working and 2-3 pc's are attahced to it!

Guys , please stay on topic? this has nothing to do with the original poster's question.OT: In the 10 months i've had broadband, i've downloaded about 280 gb and still have a backlog of stuff i want.. Depends on everyones needs. Dont go about questioning them as if downloading is a crime.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ May 4 2006, 09:28 PM) [snapback]50225[/snapback]
read max's reply and you would know why indian ISPs shy away from giving away unlimited packages.
[/b]
Dont you think someone should rip off ISPs just as they rip us off? I dont think there are many guys like me around...

I voted 4 reliance even though i own a hathway as i downloaded almost 100 GB for free this month with RELIANCE.

It help to download my favourite serial PRISON BREAK with speed maxed out upto 264 KB/sec but i will never even think out about taking reliance as my own connection bcause i hate to see that stupid login page of it after every 6 hours and also their HUGEEE COMPLAINTS 4 CC.

login page!!!! 6 hours????? what r u talking about? I dont face any such issue.i've tested if for more than 15 hours...

264 kbps :-o What is this ???? 🙁I get 300 + in Reliance Wireless Broadband + . So, wts the use of Wireline Broadband then ?? Although I don't download 100 GB, bcoz I had a cap of 10 GB which is more then enough for me.