BEST BROADBAND in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter ipod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,837

ipod

hey everyone. i jus wanted to know out of all of these BROADBAND providers who provide nice bandwidths upto 512kbps (AND GROUND SPEED OF HARDLY ANYTHING COMPARED TO BANDWIDTH) which is the most1) Reliable2) Stable3) Giving decent bandwidth/speed and the charges they have for providing these speeds (ground speed)(i stay in bombay... mahim area)PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS FASTas i am currently using a local broadband provider named "sainet" and it sucks bigtime.. Rs 475 for 64kbps unlimited and i get download speeds of 2kbps or 3kbps. I am shifting in the next week so i need to take a new provider... please give me your opinions.. i would really appretiate it if u all could help me choose a good ISP.(and also give me contact numbers of the ISPs u think r good)thanks,ipod

As u r in Mumbai, there is no BSNL. DataOne is by far the best broadband ISP in terms of performance/speed. So MTNL Tr-Band can be an option.
Visit : http://delhi.mtnl.net.in/services/adsl.htm to get the required info.

Consider viewing websites of Airtel/Sify/TataIndicom broadband if their services are available in ur area.

some1 told me exactt was supposed to be good. i was considering taking that.. any recomendations??/

exatt i hav too seen good reviews on it....but if its there in your area go 4 it..................its not in my area...the provider says they provide here......................its almost 40 days passed...still no connection has been made in my area................so go 4 it if its in your area or 4get it................

A few months ago I'd seen on Exatt's website they were offering a "diwali dhamaka" 256k unlimited plan for only Rs 800 per month! That sounds too good to be true, does anyone have that plan? I too have heard some good comments about Exatt.As to the "best" option? I dunno, I've got BSNL DataOne Home 1800 since Feb and it rocks! I can't speak about others because I haven't seen them first-hand but after looking at other people's comments, I believe BSNL is da best of dem all...

Well i am not a user in mUmbai so i cant really suggest....As told by most of our friends that exatt is the best in mum (i m in hyd) i just went thru their plans and let me tell u one thing ...It really ROCKS ...Where wud u get a 256k unlimited connection at just Rs. 720 ...even Reliacne people dont have such gr8 plans upo their sleeves!!!! And the other ranges inlcude 64k for Rs.325 128k for Rs.475 etc.... Well if their seevice is really good at the above mentioned prices this is by far the best plans i have seen . This ISP should really spread fast to Hyd and other places too...this will also have a gr8 effect on the other ISPs too and will help stabilize the whole prices range.Any user of exatt here?????We are all eager to know your feedback

Hi,I have just moved to Bombay from Delhi and am looking for good broad band service provider. I am not too keen on a Government service provider as they are too stuck up to even respond. I am staying in Bombay Central. Pls do suggest fast (preferably 512kbps speeds) & reliable ISP.The system I use is an emac, OS X ver 10.3.8

i am on the exacttnet 256 kbps plan and i am lovin it . i get a burst speed upto 150 kbytes ps actual direct download from http or ftp download (* yes you heard it right *) stable at 30 . on torrents i can get a max download around 29- 33 ( stable at around 28 on a nicely seeded torrent with a lot of peers ) almost never disconnects . uploads i can get upto 33 kbps almost consistent . as of for now . exacttnet rules .

check dis for more details
http://forum.seo4india.com/Exactt_net_rule..._now-t1134.html

although i must say that i was not a great fan of their 128 kbps package .

one more important ting . i am being charged 1000 rs for this 256 kbps connection . i think my cable walla ( devil) also charges maintainence so that explains the additional cost .but i am happy as he also provides a big lan and we have a lot of users connected on the dc++ file sharing network that we users run . so i am really happy evein if i am paying a bit more . its anyday better than sucky sify or costly tata here

im currently getting exattnet as my ISP ..located in wadala>mumbai......great ISP NO downtime...apart from my lcal cablewallah whos put router/swicth keep hangin every once a week !....but other than that its all good...i was on a 1mbit dedicated line provided by the same cable guy before the new plans by exattnet came out.....take a look at these unlimited plans :

http://www.exatt.net/schemes.htm

Speed Monthly
40K 180
64K 325
128K 475
256K 720
512K 1,400

What cities are they operational in ? What is the upload speed with the given plans ? What are the average ping times to Singapore/UK ?

What cities are they operational in ? What is the upload speed with the given plans ? What are the average ping times to Singapore/UK ?

Right now they are operational in Bombay only.

ping response to indian hosted websites is 1-5 ms and US / UK / SIngapore sites is 150 ms to 300 mb any where in between.

These days there is some fibre cut in some Mediterranean sea, so the international ping response has gone up as high as 300-400 ms. they said it would improve within this week when the fibre is fixed.

Hey what are the upload speeds for the 256kbps connection ?I can subscribe, if the uploads are