Best Broadband In Hyderabad?

• Thread starter Thread starter quadmaniac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 54,187

quadmaniac

ISP
Airtel
Hi all, I have been considering opting for broadband for a long time... I have considered the following: 1) SIFY - heard their speeds suck as bandwidth is shared .. customer care sucks. 2) Reliance - dont have much info 3) Beam cable, Hathway - both are cheats 4) Airtel - the most promising... but not yet available in our area. I stay in Begumpet, at Shamlal buildings. After doing a lot of research it seemed that Airtel BB was the best for me. The 549 plan, with 256kbps connection with a 1GB per month dl limit, BUT night 9pm - morning 8am unlimited dl (which is essential for me) - was going to cost me around 620 per month incl. taxes. Seemed to good to be true, so i called them up. They were very helpful and they said someone would call me up the next day. Indeed one female did, and she took my address - and said that they were laying cables and will get back to me in 2 weeks. I was in no hurry n i said okay.. but they didnt call back :angry: - when I called them up again after a month - they restarted the process again, and yet, the very next day - another person said the exact same thing "15 days more". I got pissed n called up their customer care to ask them what their definition of "15 days" is. They said - sorry sir - we will give u an estimate tomorrow afternoon. Which was supposed to be today. :angry: Now all I can do is wish. Or is there a great bb option that i am missing out? All I want is a 256 (hmm maybe 128 will do too) connection at around 600 pm - WITH unlimited dl from 11pm-8am or something. (NOT like the BSNL 2am - 8am.. 2am is way too late to start downloading). Please -- i need suggestions desperately!!~RajPS: This is also my first post to this forum! So - big "HI" to all of you 😀

If airtel not available thenSIFY is da bestAirtel sucks in speeds and the phone is cool.SIFY is good in speeds but 150MB in day suckz

Well...you are in a bit of a pickle there pal. Bad timing to be picky. Exercise patience and wait for airtel.In the mean time do away with a time pass net. Believe me i waited for more than a year before i was able to score an unlimited package. Not sayin that you have to go through the same pain a i did...just wait out for the good stuff.

Thanks i_love_you and LoneCrusader... Hey, can you suggest what to go for meanwhile? I wouldnt want a hefty initial installation charges. As I will throw it away once Airtel is available... By the way, is SIFY fast? Ive heard horrible complaints about them - and that they share your bandwidth with other users... which is why speeds can be really pathetic. Which area are you from? Raj

Well guadmaniac , every connection is shared whether it be BSNL , Airtel or Sify. Every body has their contention ratios. If you dont want a shared connection go for a leased line with a SLA. At this moment considering your range i feel sify is most close . Reliance has 150 kbps for 750 + tax.Regarding sify there are two packages for 128kbps . One is limited one which has a download limit of 150 Mb per day and this plan has night unlimited from 10 pm - 8 pm. Download speed = upload speed . Cost is Rs 590 (+tax). Secondly you have a 128 kbps truly unlimited plan costing 700 (+tax), but upload speeds are 64 kbps hereSo according to me the first plan from sify should suffice your needsBTW , ever heard of aksh Bb

QUOTE(quadmaniac @ Jun 16 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]53982[/snapback]
Thanks i_love_you and LoneCrusader...

Hey, can you suggest what to go for meanwhile? I wouldnt want a hefty initial installation charges. As I will throw it away once Airtel is available...

By the way, is SIFY fast? Ive heard horrible complaints about them - and that they share your bandwidth with other users... which is why speeds can be really pathetic. Which area are you from?

Raj
[/b]
Previously SIFY had many downtime problems.SO a lot of complaints.
But now its almost 0% downtime better than airtel

ANd coming to speeds
On 256kbps connection,
AIRTEL -- > 20 - 25 KB/s
SIFY -- > 32 KB/s

and sify prices are much cheaper than airtel.
The only thing that sucks in SIFY is 150MB in the day times limit .

ANd also sometimes when in maintainance modes,
airtel u get max 65KB/s
Sify 300 - 500KB/s
and this happens many times in sify and enjoy the speedz.

DOnt take the pure unlimited plan in SIFY.

If u want more info from malakpet sify CTO contact hackers2005.3721 in yahoo messenger.

plz dont go for beamcable same goes with sify hathway take BSNL UL plan or wait for airtel like me . nd The second option is dailup 😛

Is MTNL available in your area? That's pretty decent. Else what about your local cable wallahs? Did you check their rates?

I've heard sooo many complaints about SIFY that I'm really scared to go for it. Plus, I had called up their customer care once to ask them whether they are available in my area or not.The idiot who I talked to told me - Sir, please hold the line - we will get back to you in a moment - and I ended up "holding the line" for 5 minutes, and then got disgusted and kept the phone down. They didnt even call me back- even after noting my cell number.In the Begumpet area, does any one know if SIFY speeds are okayish or not?BTW, BSNL i believe requires a landline connection, which i dont have 🙁MTNL wouldnt be there in Hyderabad I guess. I've asked Reliance folks to contact me. Lets see.....

If quadmaniac still needs a suggestion then ...I also suggest to go for BSNL Unlimited plus .apply for the Landline and broadband atonce at the BSNL main office . It should be installedin a week / 10 working days at Begumpet .

Sify Customer Care never take care of your problems. You will suffer a lot if you take SIFY. I am suffered a lot with SIFY. SIFY will give 50% of what they promise. Donot waste you money on SIFY.

I contacted AIRTEL number of times, but they does not care at all. I went through there website to mail them, when I select Hyderabad city the page providing a wrong email which does not exists at all. I went to their website url >> http://airtel-broadband.com/customer.htm and when selected Hyderabad city I got this customer care email address(for Hyderabad) :care.ap@airteltelephone.com. Very Strage! Because you will never contact their customer care by email. Thease people doesn't know how to maintain their websites and least bothered about customer care. I personally went to their Himayathnagar office, after repeated requests one person came to my house and said that I can not get AirTel connection because we have a cement concreate road, when I reminded him that the nearest airtel connection(brodband just next to my home (back side of my house). He said he will contact me later, but then I never got his call not any executive from AirTel. I wonder how can they provide you best bradband connection?

It's upto you, but I feel BSNL is somewhat best.

In hydereabad, ur first preference shud be Aksh broadband. though not available in allareas.. they offer 2mbps 1GB limit + nite 11-6 unlimited. speeds averages to 240kBps. and tis costs only Rs500..they hav a 24 hr customer care.