Best Bittorrent Client

• Thread starter Thread starter sumitbaran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,786
utorrent 2.0 beta has good features like UTP protocol and transfer cap feature which can be useful, in this FUP era, by setting limits on how much data bittorrent can consumealso make sure to enable, options > preferences > general > check "Update to beta versions" to be on latest beta available. This avoids many unstability issues

Its not advantageous for NU plans... hope they dont make it slower 🙁

i am currently on the UL750+ plan, and i have seen my torrent downloads hit over the maximum speeds up-to 40Kbps upon updating to new beta 2.0 for a short while. This is what i personally noticed & experienced. Any of you people had the same experience, kindly share with me.

I use Azureus, and Limewire. I use Azureus for movies, and Limewire for music. I feel Azureus is the Rolls Royce of Bittorrent clients. Also, it's completely free. But, even with Azureus, if one has a speed of 300 kBps, then it takes seven hours to download a movie of 700 MB. I mean, why have a broadband service which gives only 300 kBps, in this day and age? It's like the dial up connection of another period in time, which was not so long ago.

I use Azureus, and Limewire. I use Azureus for movies, and Limewire for music. I feel Azureus is the Rolls Royce of Bittorrent clients. Also, it's completely free. But, even with Azureus, if one has a speed of 300 kBps, then it takes seven hours to download a movie of 700 MB. I mean, why have a broadband service which gives only 300 kBps, in this day and age? It's like the dial up connection of another period in time, which was not so long ago.

yep that's really a big problem! But with the right configuration settings a 700MB movie file can be downloaded within half an hour time period! That's a fact i do it regularly. Please navigate to the azureus(now Vuze) documentation site, there are plenty of documentation available to solve your problem!

well the recent builds uses a new protocol which is designed to put less pressure on the internet connection to let you do other online stuff while downloading using utorrent.

utorrent 1.8.5 is best utorrent 2.0 causes slow speed in my case.........

True. I am missing all the new features like Falcon. :icry:

What is the max speed you get when you download a torrent which is heavily seeded at night using uTorrent ?

Try BitComet its good and can download Torrents as well as Http/Ftp files too and its faster too .... i use both utorrent and Bitcomet . but Bitcomet is best

yep that's really a big problem! But with the right configuration settings a 700MB movie file can be downloaded within half an hour time period! That's a fact i do it regularly. Please navigate to the azureus(now Vuze) documentation site, there are plenty of documentation available to solve your problem!

Hey bourne, 700MB in half an hour using Vuze! Thats amazing. What is the broadband plan you are using?

utorrent obviously,made by the creators of bittorrentVuze and Limewire are good too

BitTorrent is also good...I suggest people that they should stop using Limewire...it is banned by almost all private torrent trackers...also stay away from beta versions of any torrent client...specially if you are using private torrent trackers.