Best Android Smartphone today for around Rs. 20,000

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 13,698
In that price range, yes, that's the best Android. You go a bit higher and have the SGS2 and the LG Optimus 2X

Upvote 0
i actually want him to go for htc sensation. but he said that parents would not pay for it and he would have to pay from his own pocket. told him to find nexus s in the market. if he cannot i would order it for him. (would try to use the affiliate link on flipkart to see how much they pay!). i made a mistake not ordering the netbook through my own affiliate link.

Upvote 0
I am surprised, u created a new thread for this. Anyways, thats exactly my issue too......i wud be buying an Android phone in that budget shortly, and also 1 of my friend too has thought of this budget. So it will serve my cause!!

Upvote 0
The MRP is a whole load of shit when it comes to electronics. Market price is what matters. And this device is worth 19 - 20 K based on haggling skills.

Upvote 0
well what i am trying to say is that they do not have a different model on sale with different specifications. nothing else. 🙂

Upvote 0
and yes, both of these models have 'Super Clear LCD capacitive touchscreen' instead of Super AMOLED.

not sure if samsung is actually offering the AMOLED version in india.

i do not want my cousin to go for an imported model that might not have a warranty in india (as it is the case with my own unit).

and he would not bother much about the display. he paid 15K for a stupid Nokia with a resistive screen! this one would be a major update for him!

in fact, i had told him a couple of weeks ago when i noticed him with his stupid nokia that whenever you go for a new phone, call me first.

and apparently he lost that nokia a couple of days ago and he asked me on chat about what phone to get now. 😀

----------

as for the listing on univercell.in... i am not sure if i can believe it. 🙂 they might have copied it for somewhere. because they are listing the original MRP at Rs. 30k too. and there is probably no way to verify if the phone actually has the AMOLED display right?

Upvote 0
in any case, his budget is 20K. and the model with super lcd is still the best option at this price point. right? so it does not matter if they have the US based version of the phone. 🙂

----------

desire is based on nexus one.

desire s is also a very old model.

nexus s is a better deal compared to Galaxy s (official firmware support from google).

Upvote 0
Yes... 20k for SLCD is ok for basically the same model with AMOLED for 28k. Just mentioning it. As such to me it seems the "30k" MRP is wrong

Upvote 0
heh of course. who cares about MRP if everyone is selling the price at the same reduced rate. i wonder if he would be able to locate this model in the local market. 🙂

Upvote 0
as for the listing on univercell.in... i am not sure if i can believe it. 🙂 they might have copied it for somewhere. because they are listing the original MRP at Rs. 30k too. and there is probably no way to verify if the phone actually has the AMOLED display right?

A friend of mine has actually seen the box for 28500 at the store and hence can assure that is the case

Upvote 0