• Thread starter Thread starter essbebe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 19,210

essbebe

ISP
BSNL
TR-069 client - Configuration

WAN Management Protocol (TR-069) allows a Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to perform auto-configuration, provision, collection, and diagnostics to this device.

Select the desired values and click \"Apply\" to configure the TR-069 client options.

Inform Disable Enable

Inform Interval:
ACS URL:
ACS User Name:
ACS Password:
Connection Request User Name:
Connection Request Password:

In latest 220BXI this appears to be an extra function.
I have enabled it.
Question: Will "TR-069 client" automatically reset the modem , in case of disconnection ? appears to do so. Available in any other modem ?

Further reference :Carrick Solutions Ltd - What is TR-069?

I think this function is for provider ..if you enable it they can update your modem's firmware whenever available...never seen such option in any other modem.

Further Info.
WAN Management Protocol (TR-069) allows a Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to perform auto-configuration, provision, collection, and diagnostics to this device.

Select the desired values and click "Apply" to configure the TR-069 client options.

Inform Disable Enable

Inform Interval: 129600
ACS URL: http;//rms.airtelbroad
ACS User Name: airtelacs
ACS Password: xxxxxxxx ( * set by airtel)
Connection Request User Name:admin
Connection Request Password: xxxxxxxx
I have "ENABLED "

one more thing ..Inform interval 129600 ( in sec. ) ... means that you get connected after 129600 sec. and all your logs are going to be transfered/available to the air-tel acs !!!😉

. means that you get connected after 129600 sec. and and all your logs are going to transfered/vailable to the air-tel acs !!!😉
What will they do with it ? No harm. Useful when we make a complaint. .
I think it is in milliseconds , to inform/detect a disconnection.If it is 129600 sec I have to wait for 36 hours ! I will check it up with Airtel CC.
There were too many disconnections today and most of the time the connection was restored automatically.
@demigod has also same modem220BXI.. will get his feedback.

That's what ..you should change it for 2 hours or so ..and it can play a good role in security too..

TR-069 client - Configuration

I think this thing lets Airtel auto configuration of our settings, and lets them run line tests to our modem to check for faults.
Here are some more details.:thumbsup:

ACS URL = http://rms.airtelbroadband.in:8103/ACS-server/ACS
ACS User Name = airtelacs
ACS Password = nxp-pass
Connection Request User Name = admin
Connection Request Password = admin

@mac Thanks for addl info.
Will try the website URL when on Airtel connection.
Now on Dataone with Tr069 disabled. ( Beetel 220BXI)
Another unit with TR069.
This D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem with Wireless Router is TR-067 compliant, ensuring that it will work with your Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) network infrastructure. It is also TR-069 compliant, which automatically updates the firmware and other settings when they become available from your ISP.

few days back i was getting the authentication failure errori called engineer and he reset the modem and put the account pass again but no usethen he called his head and he told him to run automatic installationon opening the browser online dsl installation page opened and he pressed go button then some java application started running and my modem automatically got username /password in it.

does it allow you to create various WAN profiles and connect through same VPI/VCI?

@muttsterGo to the site given and check through various menus. How many WAN settings you need in a single modem ?For a single VPI/VCI only one setting possible .It is not possible to connect two user accts of Same ISPthrough a single telephone line./number.If you mean, you need "Bridged" as well as "Always On PPPoE"to a single computer, not possible.

Beetel modems multiple WAN is possible on same VCI/VPI. It could be used to good effect. I need a capable modem to implement it.

multiple WAN is possible on same VCI/VPI.
Many modems have upto 10 vpi/vci listed. Nothing special about Beetel series.

Tried for same VPI/VCI 1 32 for "Bridged" and "Always On " in Beetel.
Rejected as duplicate entry.
Using for TWO DIFFERENT ISP's now.
Physically must connect. the Rj11 cable from respective phone lines.

Any one else having multiple wan connections on say 1_32 please guide.
further reference:
http://www.somacon.com/p354.php