Beetel ADSL Wireless router and Macbook

• Thread starter Thread starter mr_jithan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 9,307

mr_jithan

ISP
Airtel
Hi guys,I am taking a Airtel BB connection tomorrow with a Beetel ADSL wireless router. I have a macbook with leopard installed. I came across a few ppl complaining that Beetel wireless router and macbooks have some compatibility issue. Is that true??? Anyone using a Macbook with Beetel wireless router???Any feedback is highly appreciated!!Thanks!

Inform AIRTEL CC, before they make the connection.
They should send a technician familiar with MAC OS.
It is their duty to connect to Internet first time with
their own laptop, or in your system. .
woohooo....I can't believe this.... you know what.... I'm now able to open sites like m$.com, ICICI and login to windows live messenger successfully (on Mac)

The link did the magic (MTU values).... I opened Beetel 440TXI configuration page and found a value to be entered for MRU.... default value is 1492... I changed it to 1452 as mentioned by Prasanth in above link.... Thanks to Prasanth and thanks to you...

further reference :
http://prash-babu.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-to-change-mtu-values-in-windows.html

PARA TWO:
http://www.beetelmodems.com/900ap.html
Operation System USB port: Windows 98SE/ME/2K/XP
Ethernet port: all systems with RJ-45 Ethernet interface

Yes it works and works like a charm!! :dance:I have a macbook running Leopard and the router you mentioned.Not only that, I've even configured my Apple airport base station to create a wireless set-up.There are no compatibility issues. It works in the same way as it used to work with Tiger.Let me know if you need details on how to configure it urself (you'll still need DNS details from airtel)

I just had the Beetel 450 wifi installed yesterday, for use with 2 Mac OSX notebooks. The dilligent Airtel worker spent 2+ hours trying to get the wifi installed so that it would have full security functions, but ultimately he failed, leaving me with a fast, but unsecured network. Even the bridge mode could not be successfully setup. How did you get around this problem? If you could send any explicit directions for setup/configuration, I would greatly appreciate it.

I had ordered a wireless router from airtel, after doing a lot of research and speaking to local Airtel tech, I got the wifi router request cancelled and got my self a new Netgear wifi, much better choice..xDAccording to the airtel tech the wireless doesnt have a good range and i wont get connectivity on the upper floors... If i have to roam around with my notebook in just 2 rooms why shudn't i get a 20ft ethernet wire and raom around with it. I hope vikster has some good suggestions, otherwise you are safe in buying ur own wifi.