• Thread starter Thread starter 13warrior
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,435

13warrior

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Hi ,

I have a Beetel 440 Txi router with my airthel broadband. I also have my old PC which is connected to the router. I want to access this computer from outside world over ssh . I configured Dyndns and my IP is getting updated on the site. Next I want to port forward port 22 to my PC which has open SSH running . I followed numerous posts on this forum as well as googled many a times but despite my best attempts I always land up at my router and was not able to got to my PC which is in the LAN. I followed the Port Forwarding posts on Beetel 440 Txi and also the the following url Port Forwarding SSH on the Beetel 440TXI.

Can you please let me know where I am going wrong ?

Thanks

Sharad

1.As I understand, all the above for hosting a web site
using DynDNS etc. from your computer.
If you type the term in Search box above,
you may get some old threads of this forum.
1a.
Or could be a problem entering UserId password
to access the REMOTE OS/computer ?? AS ADMINISTRATOR/ OR user?
Have you tried LogMein application ? or
similar applications.
( needs another person to respond at
remote end )

or
you may have to set up a VPN network, and access all systems remotely.

4.I always land up at my router and was not able
to got to my PC which is in the LAN
Yes.
When you know the IP address of remote computer
( dynamic or static)
the router Log in window appears. ( hacking possible)
Always advised to change the ID/Password
for accessing the modem ( usually admin admin.)

Finally.. Phew!.. It was working all night and I was not able to login as I was coming from within the Home Network ( LAN). After a few searches today , I stumbled across a blog where it was mentioned that I need to come from another external IP to access my box. Yay!!! Thanks for all your help Sharad:clap:😱hyea:

Hi, Can you please pass on the link to the blog ? I have the same problem where in I am unable to reach to my app running on the desktop rather when I use the external IP for my broad band connection, I get to the router administration link.Thanks in Advance !Wikrant000

Hey wikrant000, Unfortunately I am not able to get the blog post link but this is the condensed form of it . To access your APP which is already configured in your router for port forwarding you need to come from a different IP from the LAN / Broadband IP ( I have a Airtel Broadband + Reliance NetCard ) so I got two IP's to confirm. Let me know if you have any other questions .Sharad