Beam Telecom Going Shit..Stay Away from it

• Thread starter Thread starter ujwols
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 16,860

ujwols

ISP
Beam Telecom
After the recent upgrade in their broadband plans , Beam Telecom is going real crap. Now a days I have internet disconnection almost daily and to add into it the connection goes off for as long as 2,3 days.

Following are the list of the disconnection that I had alone in the month of May,2010 till now (and hope to have lot more till the end of the month) and the corresponding TicketId that I got from them (which really doesn't mean anything to them)

02/05 - 692454
03/05 - 693367
05/05 - 696842
08/05 - 702682
11/05 - 709838
15/05 - 716828
15/05 - 717410
15/05 - 718441

Updates

19/05 - 727596 (Outage 20hrs)
21/05 - 733514 (Outage every 1hr)

So for the people looking for new broadband connection..My advise for now Stay Away from Beam Telecom.. don't get lured with it's attractive plan ..those plans makes sense only when you have internet connection..

Victim of Beam Telecom
Ujwol Shrestha

Updates (May 31, 2010)
Quick update again. Looks like Beam heard my voice finally and able to resolve the root cause of my disconnection problem. They came to meet me personally some 10 days ago and explained me why I am having such frequent disconnection. As per them the actual problem was that their BONT Box (Beam Optical Network Terminator) which they have installed on my apartment premises had gone out of order due to recent power fluctuation and they had already placed order for replacement of it with the new box and had been waiting for it. So finally they said that they replaced it with new BONT Box and assured me that I will not have such disconnection problem anymore. I couldn’t believe it first so I have been waiting and watching it for 10 days now. Good news is I don’t have a single disconnection in the last 10 days and connection is working smoothly as before. The area in-charge of Beam Telecom is also personally in touch with me to get the status on the connection. Apart from that they also seem to have upgraded the number of customer service lines so you don’t need to wait so long for getting your call to be answered. So overall, all seems to be well now with Beam Telecom. Hope it continues.

this is very bad.. these people are good for nothing now a days. so many people forcing me to take this connection by luring with the plans. whats the use even if they give 1 mbps unlimited for 900 without stability in connection.. 😡

Yes, now they are just running after new costumers by giving attractive plans..but not giving a damn about improving their service quality , infrastructure and customer support.. I am sure they are not going to last long with this approach..

This is what happens when they grossly oversubscribe their bandwidth for providing cheap plans .

Agree with you mate..I think that is what exactly happening with Beam Telecom now..It used to provide fairly good service before they upgraded their plans.. But I am sure they aren't going to last long with approach of theirs.. I am going to withdraw from it as soon as my prepaid balance is over in it..Trapped with their half yearly plan already 🙁

They have come up with a nice strategy to bring down no of complaints they are facing. Don't pick the friggin phone. They haven't picked last 10-15 calls I have made to customer care center. Top that with the most irritating piece of caller tune you'll ever get to hear. 3 minutes of torture and no one picks up.So what do you do when you can't get through customer care center ? Put up a blasting mail. Well you can send 100 blasting emails. CC them to nodal officer or CEO. No one f*&k^ing cares!! Don't take the customer's complaints. Na rahega baass na bajegi baasuri !!By the way Did I mention, The above poster Ujwols, forced me to switch to Beam. I guess he got them too many customers to screw his own net. 😀

I guess he got them too many customers to screw his own net. 😀

:hysterical:

By the way Did I mention, The above poster Ujwols, forced me to switch to Beam. I guess he got them too many customers to screw his own net. 😀

Yes Vikrant, I too regret of promoting them :frown: I must have got them at least 15-20 customers..But don't worry now I will not let that happen any further .I will warn all of their prospective customers wherever possible ..

So looks like you are also already suffering with the great Beam Telecom..

I have already started looking for better alternatives...let me know if you come across something good..

hey ...i read a lot of good reviews about Beam on this forum and applied for 2mbps unlimited plan and i might get my connection tomm....(trapped with half yearly plan)i was very scared to subscribe to beamtelecom as i had very bad experience when it was beamcables in the year 2003 and i movied to BSNL , it was the good reviews on the forum which made be to go for beamtelcom ......but i guess its still crapy and im doomed the problem with them i assume is coz their cables come all the way dangling across electric poles and when heavy rains, wind or during the time of ganesh festival ...those cables are highly prone to getting cut unlike bsnl, airtel ..their cables get are underground now that i've already made a mistake in subscribing their connection ..and i actually thought of canceling my BSNL broadband account ..but now after reading these reviews i will keep my existing bsnl connection and see how beamtelcom performs ...phew !!

hey ...i read a lot of good reviews about Beam on this forum and applied for 2mbps unlimited plan and i might get my connection tomm....(trapped with half yearly plan)

i was very scared to subscribe to beamtelecom as i had very bad experience when it was beamcables in the year 2003 and i movied to BSNL , it was the good reviews on the forum which made be to go for beamtelcom ......but i guess its still crapy and im doomed

the problem with them i assume is coz their cables come all the way dangling across electric poles and when heavy rains, wind or during the time of ganesh festival ...those cables are highly prone to getting cut

unlike bsnl, airtel ..their cables get are underground

now that i've already made a mistake in subscribing their connection ..and i actually thought of canceling my BSNL broadband account ..but now after reading these reviews i will keep my existing bsnl connection and see how beamtelcom performs ...phew !!

I would suggest you cancel your cheque :inodding: and definitely dont' cancel your BSNL connection at least for now..

yeah i think i'll do that,... ...but i cant understand how they are satisfied in laying fiber optics cables all the way across electric poles ...coz its highly prone to getting cut and fiber optics is expensive .