Beam Fiber Speeds Increased

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 27,349
Those are the Beam FUEL packages I guess...... for corporate and office plans one of my friend has but he gets around 30 Mbps.

Got my beam connection in just a week after I paid them the amount......took the 1mbps plan..........they have also installed CPE at my home..........they have pulled fiber till the CPE and then Ethernet cable till my pc...........no issues with the connectivity and youtube buffering either........

changed my plan to test 15mbps package and this is my speed

https://www.speedtest.net

So you are beamming...... even faster now! Frankly I am more than happy with the speeds that Beam is offering I could not even dream about speeds like these just a couple of months ago..... I thought that we would have to wait till 2015 for speeds to get like this or just have to migrate to a different country 🙂

So you are beamming...... even faster now! Frankly I am more than happy with the speeds that Beam is offering I could not even dream about speeds like these just a couple of months ago..... I thought that we would have to wait till 2015 for speeds to get like this or just have to migrate to a different country 🙂

yes i am beaming .. lolz.. i had this info of speed upgrade From November but i wasn't sure that speeds would up to 15mbps for 1500. more than 3x times the old speed.. Its surely possible that they will get us 100mbit/s European standard speeds!

Yep I too knew about the upgrade from late last year...... from the top guys of Beam...... at that time it was going to be 2x the speeds but not sure when that would have happened.I just hope the broadband revolution starts in India and other ISP also take notice if other ISP's even they start providing 1/2 the speeds that beam is providing it would do wonders.

Yes, Very true... Beam sure is leading the way in India... on this cause...I might be getting little greedy here but I think the FUP needs to be little more reasonably.. 10mpbs will eat-up the 30GB very soon..

Yes, Very true... Beam sure is leading the way in India... on this cause...

I might be getting little greedy here but I think the FUP needs to be little more reasonably.. 10mpbs will eat-up the 30GB very soon..
30 gb is calculated on average use and if u want to download loads of data they have given u 2mbps ul speed. Other bb users dnt have that also.. Feel lucky 4 wht u have.. Kudos to beam.. Just say I AM BEAMING
😛

yaa.. I was the other user till a few weeks ago... switched from Airtel to Beam... 512kbps till 20gb.. and then 384kbps ... I would have spent 1 month to download 30-40 gb ... and Now used-up my quota for this month in 2days... Definetly Beaming all the way....! All I am saying is, Even Sachin can't take his Ferrari on Mumbai roads as he wouldn't have long enough stretch of road to hit the max speed for long.. he needs an express high-way for hit the Max speed and have fun in his Ferrari !!!

Speed test results of Beam fiber customers are causing a lot of heart burn here. So I suggest that the admin should ban all beam fiber customers from posting speed test results in the forum. 🙂

Mine is also a similar case like you, even i have shifted from airtel 512kbps to beam 10 Mbps. This is 20 times faster then airtel. Am also beaming

Beam uses fiber optic network which is pretty expensive... I am not it is all that easy to generate fund for such an infrastructure all over India... Beam Website does say generically, that they are planning other cities... So let hope for the better..."About Beam FiberBeam's single minded goal of offering quality internet access to all at affordable prices has made it possible to cater a large portion of the Internet subscriber base in Hyderabad and is also helping us make foray into other cities"

Beam uses fiber optic network which is pretty expensive... I am not it is all that easy to generate fund for such an infrastructure all over India...

Sorry, but that is so not true.

While copper is cheaper and easier to repair (if you do a hodge-podge job of a repair, that is - I'm talking about twisting the wires together then putting some electrical tape around them), fiber is by far cheaper overall, with the added benefit that you don't need as many signal repeaters - one every 60-80km is enough compared to one every 5-ish km for copper. You also need far less actual fiber cable to serve the same amount of customers compared to copper too, and the speeds are exponentially faster.

So, the cost of building is roughly the same, but the operational expenses are way down by comparison. The only things more expensive than copper are the actual tools used for splicing as well as the ends - a few dollars for a fiber-optic plug compared to a few cents for an RJ-45 plug.

Interestingly, the largest cost for our build out comes from not fiber, not equipment, not tools... but right of way/government charges and in some cases, digging/civil works. I expect the same is true for the folks at Beam.