Beam Fiber Speeds Increased

• Thread starter Thread starter GarfieldDC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 27,358
@system beast. Lmao dude, i dont have such issues at my place. Once there was a problem where i was subscribed to 786 plan, i was not getting more than 512kb so after 2 days of technicians visits to my home. They realised it was their problem and did a reset from the server. Even dude, i dont have any downtimes or service issues at my place. @vishnu, now a days you should run after them to apply for an connection. They got 1.5 lakhs+ customer base in 2 years. Even players like sify have sold their connections to beam. I am expecting hayai like speeds when they offer a next speed upgrade

Is their service available in Lucknow?

No only in Hyderabad

I did a video review of the Beam my plan is 1500 which give me 15 Mbps speed

- Beam Fiber 15 Mbps 1500 plan broadband review[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
@ranjitbhar: Good review. I agree customer support increased a little bit compared to earlier days. Also one can reach a human on their phone line in ~3 minutes now compared to earlier 6~15 min durations. Actually a 10Mbps plan sounds much better due to current broadband situation around India and many other parts of the world unless you are going to use P2P.

Personally, I'm gonna downgrade to B-MAX400 from my existing BMAX-1000 plan tomorrow thanks to their daily downtime (area specific) issues. May get back again to this plan or higher if the situation improves over next couple of months as they promised to have a core router in our area and a ONT in our building in a month as they recently got a bunch of customers here and are running out of ports.

EDIT:
Caution:
Those who want to upgrade to a higher plan, be sure that you have no issues with them on first hand as you can not downgrade your plan until the completion of a month even if you upgraded only a day or two before and if you have downtime everyday and you will end up even paying for downtime.

But you can upgrade your plan anytime (clever policy untold until you want to downgrade).

Really waiting for Hayai GPON here...

Airtel will go bankruptt!!!!
ujelly

no they wont as long as they have losers like me who have no option but them 😛

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Rs 1500 for 15 mbps plan with 4 mbps speed post FUP is a killer plan compared to what I have in Delhi.

Good to see at least one ISP in one city of the country taking the fight to Airtel.

I pay 1800 a month for 20KBs....30 KBps download speeds....to airtel 🙁

hmm...btw as far as I know Beam BB service is nt that great as some ppl who have posted here lot of downtime.....also cc suxs !!

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

lets see what speeds u ppl really get after FUP :rofl: I dont think u gonna get 4MBps 😛 thats just a cheap way to get more customers by saying that

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

I did a video review of the Beam my plan is 1500 which give me 15 Mbps speed

- Beam Fiber 15 Mbps 1500 plan broadband review[/URL]

hey nice review dude....... but since ur getting 4MBps on 15MBps connection right now.......after FUP u might get speeds just under 1MBps or even less on severs nt from India 😛

Last edited by a moderator:
Wth, we don't get such speed in big cities like mumbai........ :angry:

no they wont as long as they have losers like me who have no option but them 😛

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

hmm...btw as far as I know Beam BB service is nt that great as some ppl who have posted here lot of downtime.....also cc suxs !!

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

lets see what speeds u ppl really get after FUP :rofl: I dont think u gonna get 4MBps 😛 thats just a cheap way to get more customers by saying that .
hey nice review dude....... but since ur getting 4MBps on 15MBps connection right now.......after FUP u might get speeds just under 1MBps or even less on severs nt from India 😛
you are saying it as if you have used the beam internet. I'm having 10mbps plan and hell yes, i'm getting better speeds to usa servers minimum is 6mbps to any server, i dont know why you're speeds are varying ranjith. But though they're varying, what is your torrents download speeds? Hope its touching near to 1.5mB/sec? Mine is almost to 1mB/sec for well seeded torrents.
RIP airtel atleast in hyd!!!
well yes, almost. But they dont have that mass market.

you are saying it as if you have used the beam internet. I'm having 10mbps plan and hell yes, i'm getting better speeds to usa servers minimum is 6mbps to any server, i dont know why you're speeds are varying ranjith. But though they're varying, what is your torrents download speeds? Hope its touching near to 1.5mB/sec? Mine is almost to 1mB/sec for well seeded torrents.

well yes, almost. But they dont have that mass market.

its pretty obvious that you don't go through the forum and just post any crap you want here on IBF.......just go and read the user experience in the forum that ppl had with Bean Telecom.....

and in 1 month we will know for sure whether 4MBps speeds after FUP anyone is getting or not...... :rofl:

I can still do 300 GB or more on my airtel without any FUP lets see if u ppl can do even 150 :rofl:

Hi guys firstly thanks for liking the video review that I did.I agree the problem withe Beam is consistency in many areas they are very good but patchy in a few areas, I do not face any downtime in my area, regarding support they are a bit tacky patience is the key...... It's been 6 days since I have complained about the upload speed problem tomorrow they are going to pull a fiber directly to my terrace will see if that solves the same.I don't do much torrenting so cannot comment much on that..... but to Apple servers (Mac OS X software updates) I am getting around 12 Mbps speeds even in gmail with big attachments I am getting around 11 - 12 Mbps so pretty good in that respect, will again do an update if the upload speed is fixed.Hey guys rather than Bashing Beam why don't we praise for once although just being a local ISP they are offering speeds what None of the BIG ISP like Airtel, Reliance, TATA, BSNL etc are offering or even plan on doing something revolutionary like this at economical rate, it just re-confirms the thought that these Big ISP just want to create artificial scarcity of bandwidth and want to milk the existing customer base as far as they can.

Hi guys firstly thanks for liking the video review that I did.

I agree the problem withe Beam is consistency in many areas they are very good but patchy in a few areas, I do not face any downtime in my area, regarding support they are a bit tacky patience is the key...... It's been 6 days since I have complained about the upload speed problem tomorrow they are going to pull a fiber directly to my terrace will see if that solves the same.

I don't do much torrenting so cannot comment much on that..... but to Apple servers (Mac OS X software updates) I am getting around 12 Mbps speeds even in gmail with big attachments I am getting around 11 - 12 Mbps so pretty good in that respect, will again do an update if the upload speed is fixed.

dude thx fr ur review.....just do one after one month or so nd if possible dwnd some stuff so u cross ur FUP say around 100 GB or more ( even if FUP is 40 GB ) that will help users to knw if they actually get 4MBps speeds after FUP 😛

thx 🙂

Might just cross that 40 GB limit in a week, I am watching youtube videos like crazy 4-5 hrs / day 🙂 Again will update you guys with the results.

Might just cross that 40 GB limit in a week, I am watching youtube videos like crazy 4-5 hrs / day 🙂

Again will update you guys with the results.

ok good 🙂

Might just cross that 40 GB limit in a week, I am watching youtube videos like crazy 4-5 hrs / day 🙂

Again will update you guys with the results.

ranjit, i have finished my 30GB quota long back in the first week, i was fuped 8 days back, and still i have been downloading and watching youtube videos like hell. Lets see, aftr pulling fiber and installing a new ONT box should solve the problem..!

... At the dude who's joined company from new delhi, yes you can download till the ending of 30th day of the month at the post fups speed you're subscribed to.. I have downloaded 220 GB's from the first of this month. Do note i'm on Rs. 1000plan and i'm getting 2mbps after fup.