Beam Fiber- After Sales Terrible- Say No if you want it for Serious work!

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 55
  • Views Views 9,035
This thread was created to rant about my beam connection not to discuss about parmeshwari blah blah broadband. 😛

well dude..am not ranting about beam for the time being..!! this ISP took me from 256kbps SH!T to my mind blasting freaking 10MBPS!!! :laugh:

The uptime form Beam Fibre is a serious negative issue, you would spend roughly over 5-6 days a month without any access. Whenever, they have a problem the customer service lines are not available / busy / IVR routing is faulty. On best of days when you do get through to customer service the best agents just stops short of exasperating issue. If, you do not have to critical work and the access is for games and download - Beam's cheap rates makes sense for you.

Yes, it is no longer Good for serious work /Good uptime. I do not know how ranjitbhar is using for his work?

seriously . i was planning to get top of the line router, but tomorrow im going to buy budget router...... dunno if i have to revert back permanently to Fuktel or Hayai (if, if, if launched after 6 months 😀 ) in near future.

This is how they cover it up. The guy who manages their official page has been trained very well that he copy paste dialogs very well.

Here are some of the Jokes or faulty promises made by beam:

seriously . i was planning to get top of the line router, but tomorrow im going to buy budget router...... dunno if i have to revert back permanently to Fuktel or Hayai (if, if, if launched after 6 months 😀 ) in near future.

If you go with a router that has a WAN port like the ones I suggested it will work with every ISP on the planet..... coz even if its a ADSL connection the ADSL modem in most cases is provided by the ISP....... so you just need your normal wifi router with a WAN port........ I suggest going with a decent router coz those chepo N150 based router are no good..... if more than 3-4 devices are connection the performance tanks down like crazy and even the wifi range is no that great......... believe me a good wifi router will last you for years I was still using my Linksys router that was purchased around 5 years ago still works great its just that it doesn't support N band for Wifi hence I need to upgrade to a new router.

I just did not get where you got that fact that you need to change your WiFi router when you change ISP, if you see my track record I keep testing various ISP's pretty often right now I have 3 wired broadband connection active at my place and 1 wireless 3G....... so you can see in a year I check almost all the various ISP's available in my area and in all these years I never changed my router due to the ISP's if I would have to do that I would have become bankrupt 🙂 So just get a decent WiFi router with a WAN port and you should be good.

If you go with a router that has a WAN port like the ones I suggested it will work with every ISP on the planet.....
I dont mean that cheap, earlier i finalized 56U but examining the hassle & beams performance, i now finally go for 13U.
I dont want to put 2 device to for the same purpose and i know tech will change radically in next year, making everything which is today's "beast" looks like crap.
I remember when i bought this Linksys, it was against-order back in year 2007 costing Rs.6000+ was top in evety review that time for home gateway. now it doesn't even worth 500/- 😛

e.g, if i switched to CrapTel, i already have Linksys Gateway so 1 device & work done.
and if Hayai, MG said somewhere he will provide CPE with wi-fi Again 1 device work done.

and if required will use N13u as an repeater if required.

Yeah Asus N13u is pretty good router it can even accept 3G usb dongles........ its just that it does not have gigabit ethernet ports and I need that to transfer all the huge videos from one computer to other........ if you do not need gigabit ports or that 5Ghz Wifi frequency the N!3U is one of the best best right how, if gigabit + dual band 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz is a requirement then Netgear 3700 or the Asus 56U is the way to go.

BTW only thing that I start seeing in the next 2-3 years is that routers will need to support IPV6 and some of the cheaper ones do not yet support that may be the manufactures will update their firmware to support that but I doubt that they will do it for older models coz they want you to buy the new stuff!

BTW only thing that I start seeing in the next 2-3 years is that routers will need to support IPV6 and some of the cheaper ones do not yet support that may be the manufactures will update their firmware to support that but I doubt that they will do it for older models coz they want you to buy the new stuff!

yes i completely forgot about heavy file transfers 🙁
About that IPv6 point, Asus is very active in providing new firmware compare to others.

----------

This is Sick my FUP reached 40gb but it was after a month and beam was supposed to reset my FUP on 1st of every month n now im getting 4mbps..and when i go to portal.beamtele if i reset its asking me to pay rs968 ? wth FUP was supposed to reset every month N IM ON 15MBPS CONNECTION..and customer service is down BEAM SUX SERIOUSLY
i know - i know, but no need to copy paste same thing all over.
Self moderation please you should not hijack any and every thread.
Put your location in your profile, have you gone through the forum rules when you signed up ?