Beam effect? Airtel now offering 4mbps unlimited for 999Rs

looks like a scam to me. why would someone pay for the 1699 plan for just some free local calls and cheaper pulse rate?

yea..those last two plans doesn't make sense. So i called the number given and one guy said they're TOTALLY FUP free and its available only to Hyd to counter beam! BUt with torrent throttling and file sharing websites being blocked whenever there's a new movie release ..i wonder who would take AIrtel! A friend of mine has airtel and he said he'll be changing to the above mentioned plans...IMO 4mbps unlimited is better than 10mbps for 40GB and then 2 mbps . . ( BUt i haven't been FUP'es by beam till now..close to 100GB downloaded this month)

heh. ask him if he can get it in writing to you on email from an official airtel.in account.

Beam effect indeed!!
I Did! SPECIFICALLY asked him Abt FUP! He said yes boss, they're totally unlimited FUP free! Asked him .."is it for whole of India?" He said ..no only for Hyderabad and surrounding areas...i asked why? he said beam is eating up into their collections and higher authorities were discussing it from the past 3 months.. . asked him what shall i do if i get FUP'ed? He said call me anytime..they're Unlimited! ( He was pretty much bent on selling me the connection. I said i'll talk to my dad and cut the call)

you are not getting me. they would tell you anything to sell you the connection. you are not ordering it from airtel. you are ordering it from a sales agent. sales agents lie for their commissions. period. get it in writing from an authorized airtel representative.

I doubt whether Airtel will play up with FUP when a opponent like beam is round there.:upset: It will be like digging ur grave a little deeper each time by fooling more & more customers...Hence in all probability the news might be true...:blackeyed:

you are not getting me.

they would tell you anything to sell you the connection.

you are not ordering it from airtel. you are ordering it from a sales agent.

sales agents lie for their commissions. period.

get it in writing from an authorized airtel representative.
ok

I doubt whether Airtel will play up with FUP when a opponent like beam is round there. It will be like digging ur grave a little deeper each time by fooling more & more customers...Hence in all probability the news might be true...
YEa. During last 6 months ..all of my friends migrated from airtel to beam..even the guy who came to my friend to collect landline a couple of months back said to my friend to stick to airtel for a couple om months coz they were thinking abt removing FUP and increasing the speeds

The 1399 and 1699 plans are almost similar, except for the pricing. I guess it has got to do with the difference in fup limits.

man. airtel is now going to have dedicated plans for 2/4 mbps plans with limits of: 10GB20GB30GB40GB50GB60GB75GB100GB150GB--- ------