Beam cable connection to Wifi/wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter abram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 36,211
ISP
beam cable
I am using Beam Internet connection with speed of 1 mbps in Hyderabad. I will upgrade to 4 mbps or 10 mbps by next month.

My Objective is to share the Beam Internet through wireless/Wifi to my Android/BB Phones and ethernet to desktop.

At present I am able to connect only one by plugging in directly the RJ45 of the Beam cable to the ethernet port of PC.
what is the hardware/Wireless Router that i have to buy..... Am using the desktop which is not wifi capable .

will there be a problem to configure wireless router with desktop pc which is not wifi capable . If yes , how do i solve it???

Am not tech savvy...... am little poor in tech words...... and suggest me wireless routers under Rs. 1500/-.........
The Beam broad band connection procedure:
Connect the RJ45 jack to the ethernet port of the computer.
Open the broser.
A dynamic IP gets assigned to the computer and a login screen pops up where we enter the uesr name and password.

---=--
Thanks
abrams

https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr740n-150mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmd7hn92fytnj3h?q=TP-LINK+TL-WR740N+150Mbps+Wireless+N+Router&sid=search.flipkart.com&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&ref=2394641b-e594-42dd-9fb9-128afe663763&as-pos=p_1&pid=RTRD7HN3B2FKYXH4

This is a good buy. You just need to plug in your Beam ethernet wire to the blue port. Plug in another from any of the other ports to your desktop.
In Settings, set it to DHCP mode. Set your wifi broadcast id and password and you are good to go.
You can login using any device you have connected to the router, whether the PC or a phone.

Thanks for reply ,
I have another question.
Do i need to buy Wifi Router with built in modem or without modem .....
above said wifi router is wireless router without modem ....
can you please explain difference
and please suggest wifi routers below 15k...
below is the list i compared.........
https://www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr740n-150mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmd7hn92fytnj3h?q=TP-LINK+TL-WR740N+150Mbps+Wireless+N+Router&sid=search.flipkart.com&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&ref=2394641b-e594-42dd-9fb9-128afe663763&as-pos=p_1&pid=RTRD7HN3B2FKYXH4&affid=sushubhgma

Sir, Once you buy a router, you will have to access the router settings and input the user id and password as you now do in the browser. You may have to request the ISP (Beam) to allow your router to access by logging the router's mac address. You could also do it after logging in to your account in their site. Connect the cable modem to the router (blue port) and the desktop to one of the 4 yellow ports.