Beam '24Hours'

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 13,724
what package you are in now? what speeds you get?
with the direct connection to beam you will be FUP'd or what?
AFAIK beam bought out a localcablewallah in my area . .and teill now has been providing net access using cablewallahs hardware and software (hence i used to login using 24 hour online client and i was not FUPed earlier) But today two dudes(in uniform) came from beam fiber to my house and said that they'll install a new wire to my PC and from today i have to login into beam portal using my email ID .. so i said ok ..they came ..installed a new wire ..and within half an hour told me that they have activated my acc and so when i started the net i got beam portal . . .so i guess even i too will get FUP'ed from this month!

Am on bmax Rs1000 10mbps plan (40GB FUP) and 2mbps post fup speed.

My goodness 40 Gb is not enough for you?!:grey:
10 mbps pack means -will you get average 2 to 4 mbps download speed?
In 2 mbps -may be 512 kbps ??
https://www.speedtest.net

^ there r many ppl in this world who can finish off 40gb in 2-3 days 🙂(me included) 😛

My goodness 40 Gb is not enough for you?!:grey:
https://www.speedtest.net
I get 1.3 MBps max download speed on 10 mbps plan . . .don't know abt 2 mbps still.

I used to download dvd rips earlier . .now i download only HD and blu ray prints . . but my avg download is 70~80 gb per month till now. .

Am on bmax Rs1000 10mbps plan (40GB FUP) and 2mbps post fup speed.
On that plan, 30GB is the FUP limit.

10Mbps means you will get 1.1MB/s
2Mbps means you will get ~230kB/s

I get 1.3 MBps max download speed on 10 mbps plan . . .don't know abt 2 mbps still.
I get 1.1MB/s max download speed.

Even I get 1.1Mb max in torrents and 1.3mb/sec in IDM.
Congrats bobby, I have also heard the same thing near Mehdipatnam Beam took over some LCO's and Sify. May be they did in your case too.
Btw, I never had a chance to fill a Beam form. 😀

Yes Correct it's 30 Gigs on 1000 plan. For me 30Gb is not sufficient so what i am doing is Some how carefully downloading till 20th of every month and then when 30gigs get over buy more 30Gb then it will cost cheaply may be Rs.300 More.:secret:

buy more 30Gb then it will cost cheaply may be Rs.300 More.:secret:

Do they process the online payment quickly or is it just like the rest of their customer service ? I heard they delay things and the payments are best made at their head office rather than online ? True ?

Also, anyone else having downtimes in the afternoons lately ?

As of now, I never faced any problems while paying online or resetting Fup. I heard many people complaining once in a while when doing online payment. Actually, I prefer online payment when:1. The portal page works fine( Sometimes you see problem with the portal page) I avoid then.Or Else you are Good 🙂Regarding payment. yes it updates as soon as you pay online via CC,DC or via net banking.

Thanks.I think ₹.300 for 30GB is a very good deal. The default 30GB is meager in my opinion, I find it be very restrictive and I honestly don't mind paying them more, may be around ₹. 15,000 /year for 10mbps @ 60GB p/m. I don't need more high speeds, 10mb rocks but more bandwidth is always welcome considering we are way into the age of High Definition goodness.

Thanks.

I think ₹.300 for 30GB is a very good deal. The default 30GB is meager in my opinion, I find it be very restrictive and I honestly don't mind paying them more, may be around ₹. 15,000 /year for 10mbps @ 60GB p/m. I don't need more high speeds, 10mb rocks but more bandwidth is always welcome considering we are way into the age of High Definition goodness.
Exactly!

ON the side note. . things are little slow here on my side . .i mean while downloading am getting max 7 mbps where earlier i used to get 10 mbps O.O

----------

Sorry, my mistake. .

Its indeed 30GB FUP limit for my plan. .(never really cared abt it since i used to get unlimited FUP before 😛 )

Also am getting "No records found" on my beam portal page under "my usage "tab :O

I believe i am also getting no Usage.😡 There's Always some issue with their counter every month but it counts Approximately Correct. I am Having some News that we should be Getting some changes in Portal software in coming months.

FUP limit has been a case of hit or miss for me. The only time it was activated was when I exceeded a cool 75GB 😵 ! But since then even after exhausting around 45GB p/m, I still get the same speeds. The only time I get full 10 mbps is from torrents, MS, Apple or Google servers, the rest of the Internet stays the usual for the most part of it.

I am the happy the beam is delivering the uptime to me. It more than 98% from 2months, I salute the Owner for Improving their services. Apparently, Customer support has to be still improve.

I start seeing usage data only from the 3rd week of every month, its routine in my case. I use my router to monitor the usage of all the comps on this connection

As you guys can see, it has already reached 29GB this month with downloads being at 9GB and the rest being uploads! I really hope the uploads are unlimited like they've promised. 😀

As you guys can see, it has already reached 29GB this month with downloads being at 9GB and the rest being uploads! I really hope the uploads are unlimited like they've promised. 😀
HAve no doubt 🙂 uploads are not counted while calculating FUP. Also once FUP is reached uploads are not throttled . .you get 6~7 mbps

I really like this . .keeps my upload/download ratio stable

The only thing is shitty customer care. . rest all good . .i recently started playing CS online. . not even a hint of lag while playing 🙂